ZM90

KotOR1 Restoration Demo Impressions and bug reporting thread

Huh, that's strange. Maybe it is a K1R issue. I'll take a look and report back.

I've also just noticed Mission's brother is missing from the Sand People prison. . . everyone acts like he is there (e.g. I can ask the cheif about taking him), but he's just not there!!!

:eek:

The demo did not touch Tatooine, or anything relating to Grif at all so that should most definitely not be an issue with the demo. However, I was wrong last time so I'll take a look.

That happens if you opened the cage which holds him before even getting the quest... vanilla issue...

The pool footlocker was missing for me as well. I thought I recalled it being there before I set all the mines off with the droid...

The pool footlocker was missing for me as well. I thought I recalled it being there before I set all the mines off with the droid...

It was missing for me. I just thought you were supposed to kill the droid just, because. :Darkside:

That happens if you opened the cage which holds him before even getting the quest... vanilla issue...

I did open the cage before meeting Lena... so that would explain it! :censored:

Thanks HH! And don't bother wasting your time looking into this FG! :P

Something I just noticed on my playthrough:

The outcasts leave the children behind!!! :cry:

*erm The children aren't removed from the outcast village when they leave on their quest.

I also had some random npc fighting rakghouls when I had just gotten into the village. nice...

Also a suggestion/request on something: Could you maybe in the future make the doors to the sith base unusable unless opened by T3? At that arc of the story he becomes all-but useless and it makes me wonder thematically why I even bought him.

[just some crazy idea I had so that the character wouldn't be able to access the sith base using the uniform without T3; hey if you have a better solution already in the works, at least I got my thought out]

One weird way I thought about making it impossible for the main character wearing the Sith Uniform to get in is to have a dialog that asks for the identification passcard, and since the character doesn't have one, they can only terminate the conversation. And when T3M4 comes up, instead of the aforementioned conversation, the option to bypass security protocols appears.

[/some crazy idea]

Something I just noticed on my playthrough:

The outcasts leave the children behind!!! :cry:

*erm The children aren't removed from the outcast village when they leave on their quest.

Already reported, already fixed.

I also had some random npc fighting rakghouls when I had just gotten into the village. nice...

Could you please elaborate?

Also a suggestion/request on something: Could you maybe in the future make the doors to the sith base unusable unless opened by T3? At that arc of the story he becomes all-but useless and it makes me wonder thematically why I even bought him.

[just some crazy idea I had so that the character wouldn't be able to access the sith base using the uniform without T3; hey if you have a better solution already in the works, at least I got my thought out]

One weird way I thought about making it impossible for the main character wearing the Sith Uniform to get in is to have a dialog that asks for the identification passcard, and since the character doesn't have one, they can only terminate the conversation. And when T3M4 comes up, instead of the aforementioned conversation, the option to bypass security protocols appears.

[/some crazy idea]

I've already asked ZM90 about this. We shall see what happens.

Could you please elaborate?

Well, when I walked into thee outcast village to talk to Rukil, I heard blasterfire and saw myself getting several +30 xp. Based on my previous experience, I knew this was a sign that some npcs were fighting somewhere. So I walked outside the gate to see who was fighting and only saw Rakghouls; albeit missing about half health. I concluded that some npcs had spawned in the rakghoul area and were swarmed.

I said "nice" because it added a level of immersion where I felt like I wasn't the only one down there, and by extension, the level felt more dynamic. (which is cool)

(I don't know whether you meant for it to happen or not, but it was a neat experience; also, there must have been a lot of npcs, because I kept earning exp (rakghouls being killed) quite a few times.)

Hmmm, that's odd. Nothing bad happened, no bugs or anything, after that happened?

Nope. It was just something that was neat.

I will redouble my efforts..

I've already asked ZM90 about this. We shall see what happens.

Yeah, we'll fix that. Let's just go with your idea FG of having the PC being able to intimidate Janice Nall into giving them T3 directly after the Swoop Race so that we can still have the cut Canderous dialog while not breaking the plot of Taris.

Some new stuffs...

First, a text discrepancy for Canderous's VO: In his first line about what he knows of Taris, He says,"Yeah, I know Taris"

The text says "I know about Taris".

Also, in the middle of his speech, he says, "You've got the rich on top, the poor being crushed underneath, and people like me making a living doing the crushing".

His text is, You've got the rich people on top, the poor people being crushed underneath, and people like me making a living doing the crushing".

Second, in my playthrough of Dantooine, Vrook was wearing civilian's garb and the new twilek jedi had on a dancer's outfit (While her padawan had a robe on). Since these are both masters, I assume they should have on master's robes.

Some new stuffs...

First, a text discrepancy for Canderous's VO: In his first line about what he knows of Taris, He says,"Yeah, I know Taris"

The text says "I know about Taris".

Also, in the middle of his speech, he says, "You've got the rich on top, the poor being crushed underneath, and people like me making a living doing the crushing".

His text is, You've got the rich people on top, the poor people being crushed underneath, and people like me making a living doing the crushing".

Vanilla issues, I'll see about fixing them.

Second, in my playthrough of Dantooine, Vrook was wearing civilian's garb and the new twilek jedi had on a dancer's outfit (While her padawan had a robe on). Since these are both masters, I assume they should have on master's robes.

I didn't touch either Vrook or that Jedi, I'll ask ZM90.

Vanilla issues, I'll see about fixing them.

I didn't touch either Vrook or that Jedi, I'll ask ZM90.

I didn't touch Vrook or the Jedi either. The most I did was add some cut items back into footlockers and left Seamhiann's restoration of that alone.

I found a typo with the restored Sith Patrol in the Lower Sewers. "Morale" is spelled "moral." A screenshot is attached.

Edit: For some reason, I cannot attach the bmp to my post. Any ideas?

I found a typo with the restored Sith Patrol in the Lower Sewers. "Morale" is spelled "moral." A screenshot is attached.

Edit: For some reason, I cannot attach the bmp to my post. Any ideas?

I believe the importer only supports JPEGs. What I normally do is convert it from .BMP to .JPEG in Paint.exe

hi Just wanted to say that I have used tsl for the past 2 years, I love the mods on this site, however I have been unable to get the k1r demo to work. I had other mods installed, so i deleted everything, and reinstalled with no other mods, and still wont load.

any help would be grateful.

Thanks,

James..........

What other mods were installed?

Thanks for the information.

I attached the screenshot to this post.

Issue with BioWare's .TLK entry. I'll fix that.

hi Just wanted to say that I have used tsl for the past 2 years, I love the mods on this site, however I have been unable to get the k1r demo to work. I had other mods installed, so i deleted everything, and reinstalled with no other mods, and still wont load.

any help would be grateful.

Thanks,

James..........

What exactly isn't loading?

I just installed the mod (with no other mods installed) and I am still getting that Dantooine bug where you can't finish Bolook's quest.

I just installed the mod (with no other mods installed) and I am still getting that Dantooine bug where you can't finish Bolook's quest.

That's a known bug... It's been fixed, but the fixes won't be released until all the fixes have been completed.

1) After I beat Niklos the 1st time, I cant play against him again.

This was brought back to the forefront of my attention, working on it. I know the cause - the dialogue file doesn't fire the script to begin a pazaak game on his luck/failure lines. Putting them back in now.

UPDATE: When he gives you the luck/failure line, I think I've made it work on the retort (as opposed to "Let's play"). Sending the file to ZM90 for confirmation now.

I loaded an old unmodded save file to do some screenies of certain stuff. Lol, the iriaz are awesome but...their attack animation needs work. This is really more of a suggestion though. I know you gentlemen are going for quality, and addressing this would help that.