120 replies to this topic

#41 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Well it sounds like the K1R demo wouldn't be your problem for the freezing glitch, and as for the High security door. Basically, once you realize the mechanic ID doesn't work you have to inquire about the heating system with the old mechanic. That'll start some events that will lead to you getting the access card to the high security door and the magnetic power cell, which can be put into the heating panel, and voila, the heating system works.
The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Ehancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework
(Models and base textures from Toasty Fresh)

#42 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Jedi Master

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

Well it sounds like the K1R demo wouldn't be your problem for the freezing glitch, and as for the High security door. Basically, once you realize the mechanic ID doesn't work you have to inquire about the heating system with the old mechanic. That'll start some events that will lead to you getting the access card to the high security door and the magnetic power cell, which can be put into the heating panel, and voila, the heating system works.

Got any ideas on the freezing? Were there two people that wore Bandon's armor style originally? I don't recall it, but it was there.
My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

We do it out of love - or madness - but not for money.

Or madness. Exactly! That's one of the core requirements of a good modder.

1.Determination
2.Madness
3.Lack of pride/stubborness to ask for help
4.Stubborness to keep going
5.More madness for when things don't work!

Rinse, lather, and repeat. The average day of a modder-A dip in the pool of insanity.

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

#43 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

There are people who use the same armor model, but no one else has the same texture as Bandon's armor. I really wouldn't have a clue about the freezing glitch. It may be due to the removal of a mod, or to the addition of one in the middle of your playthrough.
The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration

#44 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

I like the harder Vulkars. . but it does make it more obvious that this section is a mod.... just something to think about ;)

I just got to the Vulkar sub-level, and I noticed the difficulty difference as well.

However, I liked it!~ It was so much less of a cakewalk to infiltrate and made me actually use my secondary items that were piling up in my inventory. (and the extra goodies packed into the mod made it more rewarding in defeating said difficult enemies)

I personally think that a good way you could make it less obvious that this is a modded level and keep the difficulty is to change the names of the enemies to something along the lines of, "Elite Vulkar Guard" or "Vulkar Lieutenant" to show that they are supposed to be harder enemies.

Edit_

And the two Vulkars who managed to kill a member of the management need their own titles too. I doubt a low-level "thug" could assassinate someone that powerful and not at least have a title. ... At the very least "bewildered vulkar" would be better than "gang member". I mean the victim had his full name and everything~
|____________>>_______>>__/

#45 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

I just got to the Vulkar sub-level, and I noticed the difficulty difference as well.

However, I liked it!~ It was so much less of a cakewalk to infiltrate and made me actually use my secondary items that were piling up in my inventory. (and the extra goodies packed into the mod made it more rewarding in defeating said difficult enemies)

I personally think that a good way you could make it less obvious that this is a modded level and keep the difficulty is to change the names of the enemies to something along the lines of, "Elite Vulkar Guard" or "Vulkar Lieutenant" to show that they are supposed to be harder enemies.

I may do that, but they are supposed to be regular vulkars. They just have a much more harsh and strict level manager.

Edit_

And the two Vulkars who managed to kill a member of the management need their own titles too. I doubt a low-level "thug" could assassinate someone that powerful and not at least have a title. ... At the very least "bewildered vulkar" would be better than "gang member". I mean the victim had his full name and everything~

The guy they killed was a low level mechanic anyway, who only had the a name so it would be less awkward when people referred to him elsewhere.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration

#46 milestails

milestails

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

[DS playthrough] Two bugs and a suggestion/bug:

• The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.
  • If you side with the Vulkars and are about to begin the first swoop race, Zaerdra still contacts you on the communicator. She was long dead at this point in my playthrough. Even if she had cheats enabled, she wouldn't contact a Black Vulkar swoop rider.
  • Shouldn't the Hidden Beks patrolling the main throughfare in the Lower City become hostile to you if you kill Gadon? The guard at the entrance to the Bek base attacks you. The remaining Hidden Beks should follow suit.

Also submitted to Taris Upper City Emporium

#47 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

[DS playthrough] Two bugs and a suggestion/bug:

• The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.
  • If you side with the Vulkars and are about to begin the first swoop race, Zaerdra still contacts you on the communicator. She was long dead at this point in my playthrough. Even if she had cheats enabled, she wouldn't contact a Black Vulkar swoop rider.
  • Shouldn't the Hidden Beks patrolling the main throughfare in the Lower City become hostile to you if you kill Gadon? The guard at the entrance to the Bek base attacks you. The remaining Hidden Beks should follow suit.

Also submitted to Taris Upper City Emporium

To #1, that is definitely not an issue with K1R. What other mods do you have installed?

To #2, yeah that's my fault. Should be a simple conditional check and then that's fixed.

To #3, I'll take a look at that.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration

#48 milestails

milestails

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

To #1, that is definitely not an issue with K1R. What other mods do you have installed?

I had a feeling it was because of another mod...

Some Taris-specific mods I have installed:

Weapons of the Old Republic
RedHawke's armor mods
MasterWaffle's armor mods
Operation Kill Bastila
Duros Merchant
Party Clothing
Bits and pieces of LordDeathRay's KoTOR Improvement Mod
Various PC/NPC reskins and model changes

It's not a big deal by any stretch.

#49 peedeeboy

peedeeboy

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

[*]The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.

Hmm, just checked my saves and its missing for me too!

And I have no mods installed.... I am however using the SecuRom v1.03 executable downloadable from their website, but not sure why that would be a problem

Maybe just another vanilla K1 bug that only happens sometimes... :cry:

#50 LDR

LDR

German Steel

• Reviewer
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

[*]The footlocker in the Vulkar pool is missing.

Hmm, just checked my saves and its missing for me too!

It's missing for me as well.

Strange, the only mods I have installed are BOS:SR and my WIPs.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

SharpShoot211.jpg

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

#51 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Huh, that's strange. Maybe it is a K1R issue. I'll take a look and report back.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration

#52 peedeeboy

peedeeboy

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Huh, that's strange. Maybe it is a K1R issue. I'll take a look and report back.

I've also just noticed Mission's brother is missing from the Sand People prison. . . everyone acts like he is there (e.g. I can ask the cheif about taking him), but he's just not there!!!

:eek:

#53 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

The demo did not touch Tatooine, or anything relating to Grif at all so that should most definitely not be an issue with the demo. However, I was wrong last time so I'll take a look.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration

#54 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Beta Testing Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

That happens if you opened the cage which holds him before even getting the quest... vanilla issue...

#55 Zhaboka

Zhaboka

Jedi Knight

• M478_Staff
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

The pool footlocker was missing for me as well. I thought I recalled it being there before I set all the mines off with the droid...
Posted Image

#56 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

The pool footlocker was missing for me as well. I thought I recalled it being there before I set all the mines off with the droid...

It was missing for me. I just thought you were supposed to kill the droid just, because. :Darkside:

#57 peedeeboy

peedeeboy

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

That happens if you opened the cage which holds him before even getting the quest... vanilla issue...

I did open the cage before meeting Lena... so that would explain it! :censored:

Thanks HH! And don't bother wasting your time looking into this FG! :P

#58 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Something I just noticed on my playthrough:

The outcasts leave the children behind!!! :cry:

*erm The children aren't removed from the outcast village when they leave on their quest.

I also had some random npc fighting rakghouls when I had just gotten into the village. nice...

Also a suggestion/request on something: Could you maybe in the future make the doors to the sith base unusable unless opened by T3? At that arc of the story he becomes all-but useless and it makes me wonder thematically why I even bought him.

[just some crazy idea I had so that the character wouldn't be able to access the sith base using the uniform without T3; hey if you have a better solution already in the works, at least I got my thought out]
One weird way I thought about making it impossible for the main character wearing the Sith Uniform to get in is to have a dialog that asks for the identification passcard, and since the character doesn't have one, they can only terminate the conversation. And when T3M4 comes up, instead of the aforementioned conversation, the option to bypass security protocols appears.

[/some crazy idea]

#59 Fallen Guardian

Fallen Guardian

Jedi Knight

• K1R Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Something I just noticed on my playthrough:

The outcasts leave the children behind!!! :cry:

*erm The children aren't removed from the outcast village when they leave on their quest.

Already reported, already fixed.

I also had some random npc fighting rakghouls when I had just gotten into the village. nice...

Could you please elaborate?

Also a suggestion/request on something: Could you maybe in the future make the doors to the sith base unusable unless opened by T3? At that arc of the story he becomes all-but useless and it makes me wonder thematically why I even bought him.

[just some crazy idea I had so that the character wouldn't be able to access the sith base using the uniform without T3; hey if you have a better solution already in the works, at least I got my thought out]
One weird way I thought about making it impossible for the main character wearing the Sith Uniform to get in is to have a dialog that asks for the identification passcard, and since the character doesn't have one, they can only terminate the conversation. And when T3M4 comes up, instead of the aforementioned conversation, the option to bypass security protocols appears.

[/some crazy idea]

I've already asked ZM90 about this. We shall see what happens.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
KotOR 1 Restoration

#60 Malkior

Malkior

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Could you please elaborate?

Well, when I walked into thee outcast village to talk to Rukil, I heard blasterfire and saw myself getting several +30 xp. Based on my previous experience, I knew this was a sign that some npcs were fighting somewhere. So I walked outside the gate to see who was fighting and only saw Rakghouls; albeit missing about half health. I concluded that some npcs had spawned in the rakghoul area and were swarmed.

I said "nice" because it added a level of immersion where I felt like I wasn't the only one down there, and by extension, the level felt more dynamic. (which is cool)

(I don't know whether you meant for it to happen or not, but it was a neat experience; also, there must have been a lot of npcs, because I kept earning exp (rakghouls being killed) quite a few times.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users