Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

So, in 220TEL you can easily skip all the Sith by barging to the Entertainment module. That was not the idea... so I restored the idea... and damn I knew that.

* First was easy enough, fixing the door to be closed and locked. Added script to unlock it. Unfortunately wrong location making it instantly unlocked. Search for cause why freakin' door wasn't working; too long.

* Fixed script. Noticed the door opens post-battle after combat music is done, might be confusing to new players. Adding new cutscene to show what goes on.

* add cutscene just fine, but the camera looks really weird for it (a door isn't really a NPC). Also the cutscene runs over and over and over.

* add custom camera node to module to view door properly opening, and fix script to show the door just once.

* Test everything again, notice it's working...

*** Wondering why I am spending so much time on a door in a module which lasts about 2 minutes... *** :P

• Like 2

Not sure what's "not scary" about the creepy Sith Lord arriving surrounded by corpses supported by music obviously implying he's a threat.

Thx for the answer, Hassat. And as for the music tracks - it is all about the tone. :-) In my opinion, Darth Nihilus theme is very "straightforward evil motive", while the original Peragus Infiltrated theme is "a creeps-giving and sinister motive" which alludes to a threat that is not imminent but nonetheless present and very horrifying (like some of the X-files tracks).

Being myself a modest music composer, I would have to agree with Darth Paulus here. The original theme sounds to me more appropriate too.

• Like 1

I just rewatched the original Sion's Arrival scene and damn is that chilling. Reminds me of how different KotOR 2 is from KotOR 1.

• Like 1

So if you send Kreia to Dxun, that leaves you open to take someone else and Mandalore to Onderon, and then Kreia will appear to talk to Tobin?

Being myself a modest music composer, I would have to agree with Darth Paulus here.

Same here.

The original theme sounds to me more appropriate too.

I'll also add that the Nihilus theme is a grating, predictable and downright DREADFUL piece of music, which is very likely why Obsidian chose not to use it in the released version of the game.

• Like 1

If the original music for the scene where we first see Visas and Nihilus was spliced so the scene could appear in the game without being a BIK file, why couldn't the music for the live action portion of this scene be put in here. It seems there's a request for it and seeing as the work on 1.8 is winding down, I think this request should be granted, if at all possible. Who should email PastramiX about attempting to get the music together for this?

• Like 1

So if you send Kreia to Dxun, that leaves you open to take someone else and Mandalore to Onderon, and then Kreia will appear to talk to Tobin?

Not quite sure what you're asking here?

And no, it would only be if you join Vaklu (and use my mod of course)...

very likely why Obsidian chose not to use it in the released version of the game.

They must have really hated their own music then. B4's theme, Atris theme, droid planet theme, so much hated music.

It's not like the game was unfinished or something...

To everyone who sent me a PM regarding music issue in Sion's arrival scene - you guys actually made me consider changing it, so good job! ;) That just shows how much power there is in spamming someone's inbox...

Here's what I sent to TSLRCM crew on the matter:

"I see lots of people wanting Sion's arrival music changed (yes, SH, I got A LOT of PMs about that ;)), so I'd like to see how hard it would be to do (I could try ripping music off a BIK movie). If it's too difficult/time consuming, I wouldn't want to delay 1.8 too much. If it's easly doable... I'll give it a go."

• Like 2

good i saw this i was about to make your inbox even more unhappy ;)

"I see lots of people wanting Sion's arrival music changed (yes, SH, I got A LOT of PMs about that ;)), so I'd like to see how hard it would be to do (I could try ripping music off a BIK movie). If it's too difficult/time consuming, I wouldn't want to delay 1.8 too much. If it's easly doable... I'll give it a go."

I believe the scene is actually in-game and not a BIK. I changed my music by renaming Sion's music Nihilis'. Also if it's unchanged from the original mod, the filfront page says it's a cutscene and not a BIK movie.

Yeah, it was BIK in vanilla, I changed it to in-game scene. What I meant is I may try ripping music from original BIK and playing it during in-game cut-scene.

You'd have to cut start and end from it though (since those are still bik). And see if it works properly. Might need to play around even more with when to return back to 104PER based on the amount of track available.

But, hey, good luck :)

PS. I'm all done...

• Like 1

To everyone who sent me a PM regarding music issue in Sion's arrival scene - you guys actually made me consider changing it, so good job! ;) That just shows how much power there is in spamming someone's inbox...

Sorry about being late to the party, but you can add me to the pile, too.

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: LOL, Something very wrong happened when I tried posting this last night.

Yeah, it was BIK in vanilla, I changed it to in-game scene. What I meant is I may try ripping music from original BIK and playing it during in-game cut-scene.

Oh, Okay. You may not have to rip it from the BIK to have the original track though. I got the exact same music that is in the BIK by editing the WAV audio file for Sion's music and skipping ahead about 30 seconds.

PS:If you can get it to work the same way, I suggest to use the enhanced music track by PastramiX (Mod Link) (If you get his permission of course. I don't condone stealing other's work) They made it twice as cool for me! [/A mere suggestion, nothing more]

you guys actually made me consider changing it, so good job! ;)

Yeah, I'm feeling like a great revolution instigator now... LOL

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Fixed music in Sion's arrival.

Proceeding to add some last changes to the installer.

• Like 1