Sign in to follow this  
Ferc Kast

WIP: Echo of the Force

logo.png

Plot Introduction

Years after the Battle of Telos IV, the Republic struggles to recover from the war. A series of systems have seceded from the Republic. Attacking from an unknown source, the planet Darrax is under attack. In the midst of a debate in the Senate, the Jedi Council sends a lone Jedi to investigate...

Companions

• Xin
  • Subal Mahkon
  • Koran Vox
  • Ora Vaona
  • HK-47
  • Master Adri Vale
  • T3-M4
  • Kira Sadow
  • Saverak Vornskar
  • Jarl Dawas
  • 2 MORE TO BE DECIDED...

Planets

• The Corsair Nova
  • Darrax
  • Danjir IV
  • Ryloth
  • Korriban
  • MORE TO BE DECIDED...

Progress

• The Corsair Nova: 35%
  • Darrax: 0%
  • Danjir IV: 0%
  • Ryloth: 0%
  • Korriban: 0%

Team Recruitment

I am looking for additional modders to help with this mod in the following areas:

• Modelers (mostly planets)
  • Skinners (characters & modules)
  • Dialog Writers
  • Side Quest Ideas

Screenshots

th_K2_00001-1.png

th_K2_00002.png

th_K2_00003.png

th_hilt_render1.png

Update 1 - Oct 20, 2011

First, I fixed the bug mentioned in my last post. Second, there are now journal entries for the quests so far. So, I am going through & adding the entries/quests in-game. Finally, I am almost done with the initial version of the Corsair Nova. As such, I expect to be working on the next planet soon. With this in mind, I thought to give a video clip from the beginning of the Corsair Nova. (Side note: still trying to tweak the camera so it shows the player at the beginning instead of the droid.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80O8okYrB8

Update 2 - Dec 14, 2011

Well, it's time again for a mini update for EotF. Last time, I asked about a minor bug I had found. Since then, Ive found a temporary fix for my problem until someone can figure out how to fix it the way I was hoping for it to be fixed. Also, I am starting to work on the next module in-game. (Yay for Darth333's whereami band.)

Finally, I am getting around to reskinning those terrible looking "potato sack(s)" from the vanilla KotOR II; Personally, I find it to look more Jedi-esque now. However, I would like to find out what your opinions are about the reskin. I also wondered if there was interest for me to release it for TSL in addition to including it in EotF. :) So, give me your input so I can take the needed action(s).

K2_00006.png

Update 3 - Feb 24, 2012

It's time for an update on progress: I have gotten a bit more done on the mod. :) It's mostly been plot details, a few new selectable heads, along with some content implementation into the game itself. I don't any new screenshots or videos, though. In their stead, here are some party member background stories for EotF.

• OB-48 - Combat Droid (Temporary Party Member)

OB-48 will be found on the Corsair Nova. OB-48 is the personal bodyguard droid of Captain Dax Mindar. He has currently been programmed to ensure your safe arrival to Darrax, by any means necessary.

• Adri Vale - Jedi Master/ Female/ Echani

Adri Vale was the PC's Jedi Master, following the Battle of Telos IV. She will be found on Darrax on an unrelated assignment; But, after the events that transpire there, the Jedi Council will have her aid you in pursuing the matter.

• Subal Mahkon - Scout/ Male/ Devaronian

Subal Mahkon is a reputable pilot, who will get the PC to his/her destination(s). He was a previous pilot of the Ebon Hawk while Davik owned it. He rarely talks about his past. Subal has flown from one side of the galaxy to the other.

• T3-M4 - Astromech Droid

T3-M4 was created by Janis on Taris. T3-M4 was responsible for getting the launch codes to allow Revan and his party to escape. T3 can tell you about the events of KotOR I & II. T3 has retained his excellent repair & computer skills, which in handy from time to time.

Update 4 - Mar 3, 2012

• Koran Vox - Soldier/ Male/ Mandalorian

Koran Vox is a Mandalorian, who was present for the Battle of Malachor V. He also was present for the Battle of Telos IV. He was sent by Mandalore the Preserver to find out about the attacks on Darrax. When he missed his opportunity, he decided to take a detour before returning to Dxun.

• HK-47 - Assassin Droid

HK-47 was created by Revan, following the Battle of Malachor V. He has been assigned by both Revan and the Exile to keep tabs on activity from criminal organizations, such as Czerka and the Exchange. HK's aggressive personality and dislike of meatbags still remain intact.

• Kira Sadow - Scoundrel/ Female/ Human

Kira Sadow is a smuggler, who was captured on route for a shipment. She was taken prisoner during the Corsair Nova's journey to Darrax. Once the ship was under attack, she managed to escape her cell. Her street skills are handy from time to time.

• Ora Vaona - Jedi Sentinel/ Female/ Twi'lek

Ora Vaona is still a Padawan, but has great potential. Recently, she was sent with her Master to Ryloth to get information on the Exchange's recent actions there; Unfortunately, their presence was discovered. They killed her Master, but took her prisoner. The Jedi Council is still debating how best to free her.

Update 5 - Mar 15, 2012

With that out of the way, it is time for an update: Firstly, for those who are unaware, I am writing an extended backstory for Kira Sadow called A Debt Unpaid (see the link in my signature.) It is intended as a treat while Echo of the Force is still in production; And, its story will end close to where EotF's storyline begins. :) Secondly, the other day, I made and have in-game a head skin for the party member Subal Mahkon (who was only mentioned for the first time a few posts ago.) I don't have custom clothes for him yet, but I thought to at least get his head done :)

iPWGM2Y173RmP.png

Contest

Well, today officially ended the party member contest!! Thank you to all who sent in an entry. :) It was definitely a tough decision...But since the contest ended, it had to be done.

Without further ado, the winner...s are:

• christos200's male Human, Xin
  • Warlord664's male Rodian, Saverak Vornskar

Congratultations, you two!! :) And, I'd also like to thank all those who submitted an entry.

Website

On that exciting note, I have yet more exciting news: I have acquired a new domain name for my modding site; What is more news is that I have started construction on it. Eventually, it will eventually have a dedicated section for Echo of the Force. Until then, I would like your opinion on the site's setup. To find out about and/or download my mods, would you prefer like to have/be:

1. Blog entries with screenshots, download links, etc. (Using Wordpress)
  2. Blog entry about the mod, but separate page with the screenshots, download links, etc. (Wordpress for blog entry, separate page for mod)
  3. Other (specify in your post.)

More Coming Soon...

Facebook Page

KotOR: Echo of the Force Website

LucasForums Thread

I just have one question - I'm pretty sure you've read the Revan novel so you know T3's fate (SPOILER ALERT: T3 gets killed by the Emperor). So how can T3 be still alive in your mod? Also, how many years after KotOR 2 are we talking about? Because at that time Canderous must have been around 65 years old. Talking about Canderous, do you plan to include anybody from Revan's and the Exile's party members (except T3 and HK) in the game? Not as companions, of course, but as a quest givers or something like that.

I just have one question - I'm pretty sure you've read the Revan novel so you know T3's fate (SPOILER ALERT: T3 gets killed by the Emperor). So how can T3 be still alive in your mod? Also, how many years after KotOR 2 are we talking about? Because at that time Canderous must have been around 65 years old. Talking about Canderous, do you plan to include anybody from Revan's and the Exile's party members (except T3 and HK) in the game? Not as companions, of course, but as a quest givers or something like that.

I have known about T3's fate since I read the Revan novel; but, I haven't come up with a new astromech droid companion yet. So, I merely listed him there as a placeholder until I do. As for the years after KotOR 2, I have not finalized that detail yet. (It will probably take place around 5 or so years after KotOR 2; but, again, that detail not set in stone yet.) And, I have given some thought about some possible appearances from previous cha...companions from the KotOR series. (What? unsure.gif I meant to write companions; really, I did.)

Okay, thanks for answering. Btw will HK and any of the previous associates to Revan and the Exile you include in the mod be voiced?

If this mod is not dead, I would be happy to lend my voice as to potentially portray a character in this seemingly promising mod.

If this mod is not dead, I would be happy to lend my voice as to potentially portray a character in this seemingly promising mod.

This mod isn't dead. There just hasn't been any noteworthy or fun things to post about its progress recently. Thanks for the voice acting offer, but I think my first priority is making the content before voicing any characters. But, I'll definitely keep the offer in mind. cool.png

It is truly great to see the new TC's being developed at the moment, from RoaM, to RoR, TJM, SotE, and Darkness Within (if still being developed). It truly represents a new era in KOTOR modding! I tried working on a TC once called The Jedi Knights, but I was never motivated enough to get it off the ground. Great work I am seeing here, and I hope this and all of the other TC's are completed.

Well, this is a fun little update...

Jedi Council Contest

Since I've only received 2 entries, I will extend the deadline for the Jedi Council member contest to December 15th. The main reason behind this is because I was planning on multiple winners; this way, you still have a chance to get your entries in. :) See this post on LucasForums if you've forgotten the details of the contest.

Announcement Time

Toward the start of this thread, I had said that I was going to do an official website for Echo of the Force. Recently, an opportunity presented itself in the form of a HTML class. As part of my class, we were told to make a website that we would develop through the course of the semester. Since we were given no limits on content, I decided to do EotF's site. Today, I'm showing off pictures from the mobile-friendly version. :P

IMG_0015.PNG

IMG_0014.PNG

IMG_0016.PNG

IMG_0017.PNG

IMG_0018.PNG

IMG_0019.PNG

Once some further tweaking is done, I will open it to the public and announce the final URL. And before the question is asked, I will confirm that the desktop/tablet version looks similar to the above mobile layout; and, that is the only reason that I didn't show both versions. So, that's my fun little announcement for today. :D

More Coming Soon...

Greetings, all! I have a special treat for you today. :cool:

Jedi Council Contest

There are only ten days left before the contest deadline is here. For those who have forgotten the details of the contest, see my post from October 30th. I intend to have multiple winners in this contest, but thus far only two entries have been submitted.

The reason for these contests is so that you, the audience, feel like you contributed in one way or another to this mod project. :) With that in mind, hopefully more of you will feel motivated to submit an entry.

Announcement

Along with my new Fan Fiction Knights of the Old Republic: Rising Destiny, I finally have made the official canon head texture for Aydrea Kast (the player's official canon name). For those who haven't read it yet, Rising Destiny will explore the mission that the player was on immediately prior to Echo of the Force. Anyways, you will see this head in future pictures, videos, etc. when I post new media in this thread or my other threads at Kast's Echo and Deadly Stream.

Without further ado, I present Aydrea Kast:

ie5wic00Cqd9b.png

More Coming Soon...

Without further ado, I present Aydrea Kast:

ie5wic00Cqd9b.png

Hmm, interesting. I suppose it's an obvious thing, but my own skin is quite similar. Although I find it funny that any time you touch that head model in k2, the first thing any one thinks of is Luxa. Sure, she does use the model, but it's the same as the one in K1.

Anyway, I think I have a skin that might fit for the contest, pretty much all done. If it just requires a single skin(i.e no ds transitions), or any skins for body models, it is ready to go(although the only problem would be the underwear skin, the rest are fine). Can I pm you the information here, and if so, do you want the files with it?

If you're still looking for dialog writers, I can try my hand at it, I just need more information: scenario, person talking, background, etc. I've rewritten dialog for a Morrowind modder for his companion, so if you have some sample lines I can take a look at them to give you an idea of my style.

Hmm, interesting. I suppose it's an obvious thing, but my own skin is quite similar. Although I find it funny that any time you touch that head model in k2, the first thing any one thinks of is Luxa. Sure, she does use the model, but it's the same as the one in K1.

Anyway, I think I have a skin that might fit for the contest, pretty much all done. If it just requires a single skin(i.e no ds transitions), or any skins for body models, it is ready to go(although the only problem would be the underwear skin, the rest are fine). Can I pm you the information here, and if so, do you want the files with it?

All that is required is just requires the head skin texture file, unless you used a full-body model in which case the body and head skin files would be required. And, PM here works fine for sending an entry.

If you're still looking for dialog writers, I can try my hand at it, I just need more information: scenario, person talking, background, etc. I've rewritten dialog for a Morrowind modder for his companion, so if you have some sample lines I can take a look at them to give you an idea of my style.

Yes, I am still (minus some help here and there from Scourge) a one-man team. So, if you're interested in helping, PM me for details for a sample. (Unless you have a sample that you had in mind already, that is.)

Time for an reminder and announcement...

Jedi Council Contest

There is still one day left for your entries on this contest. (And, the video update showing off the scene should follow early next week.) The winner's character will give a sidequest to the player while after the Council meeting on Danjir IV. The top couple or so entries, though, will be each a line of dialog in scene.

Website Anouncement

I hope to have the website for Echo of the Force completed early next week, if not by the end of this weekend. At that time, it will be announced here and the other EotF threads. Since this mod is still in development, new pages ( will be added to the site occasionally (such as new character pages) before the mod's release. Also, media will be kept up-to-date on the website. And, there is a mobile-friendly version too for those wanting view the site on the go.

More Coming Soon...

Just sent the PM(well, maybe not just...). I hope that is enough information, and if not, there is time to get it in(or change details of there is a need).

Well, today is a fun-filled day for Echo of the Force. Get ready for that which is to come...

Jedi Master Contest

This time, the contest is truly over. The results? Here we go:

• First Place: Scourge's Miralian, Jedi Master Zeltaro
  • Second Place: Rtas Vadum's Nagai, Jedi Master Aurellia
  • Third Place: Sith Holocron's Echani, Jedi Master Pellu Ceed

These top three entries will each feature a line of dialog in the upcoming video update which ought to be up sometime next week. The winning character, Zeltaro, will additionally have a sidequest for the player after the Council meeting on Danjir IV.

Facebook Announcement

Next announcement... A few weeks ago, I decided to delete the old Facebook page for Echo of the Force since I hardly touched it. In coordination with the announcement following, I have instead made a new group for Echo of the Force on Facebook. It will have more frequent updates, as things are announced in the future.

[KotOR: Echo of the Force Group]

Echo of the Force Website Announcement

What better way to kick off the new Facebook group than by announcing the brand Echo of the Force website? Content is subject to changing or being added until such a time when Echo of the Force is ready for release. The link is now active on the home page of Echo of the Force, as well as the WIP Mods page on Kast's Echo.

The site features:

• Plot
  • Planets
  • Character Information
  • Media
  • And more...
  • Further pages will be added in the future, from time to time.

[Knights of the Old Republic: Echo of the Force Official Website]

More Coming Soon...

Some of your descriptions could use a little work.

Xin:

Xin is a very good pilot, and a smuggler. He was successful until a month ago, when he his ship was shot down by a Republic starship. Crashed on Darrax, and haunted by the exchange, he is ready to work for anyone, in order to get some money to pay his debt. He is so desperate, that he would even work for a Jedi.

My suggestion:

Xin is a very good pilot and smuggler. He transported cargo all over galactic space until his ship was shot down by a Republic cruiser. Now marooned on Darrax and hunted by the Exchange for losing his cargo, he's willing to sell his services in order to pay his debts. He's even desperate enough to work for a Jedi if it means saving his skin.

Koran Vox:

Koran Vox is a Mandalorian, who was present for the Battle of Malachor V. He also was present for the Battle of Telos IV. He was sent by Mandalore the Preserver to find out about the attacks on Darrax. When he missed his opportunity, he decided to take a detour before returning to Dxun.

My suggestion:

Koran Vox is a Mandalorian who fought at Malachor V and Telos IV. He was sent by Mandalore to discover the reasons for the attacks on Darrax. He has vowed not to leave until he does.

The problem with Vox's description is that you don't mention what opportunity he missed. Was it discovering the reasons behind the attacks? If so, you should mention that.

Ora Vaona:

Ora Vaona is still a Padawan, but has great potential. Recently, she was sent with her Master to Ryloth to get information on the Exchange's recent actions there; Unfortunately, their presence was discovered. They killed her Master, but took her prisoner. The Jedi Council is still debating how best to free her.

My suggestion:

While Ora Vaona is still a Padawn, she has great potential. The Jedi Council sent her with her master to Ryloth to gather information on the Exchnage's recent activities there. Unfortunately their presences was discovered and they killer her master, but took her prisoner. The Council is still debating how best to free her without the additional loss of life.

I'm still available for dialog work should you still want the help.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Hopefully, I should have the video done soon. Instead, I wanted to explain a couple of previously unmentioned new features that will be featured in Echo of the Force.

Droid Armor

In KotOR I and II, we saw droids that were unable to equip armor. Their appearance, therefore, was static. However, you could get armor for them; but the armor never changed their appearance. In Echo of the Force, that will change. You will still get the armor, but unlike the vanilla game it will change their appearance. I probably will limit the number of variations to maybe 3-5 per armor type. (I think there were three levels of droid armor in the vanilla game; I could be wrong.)

Party Member Customization

Why should the droids get all the fun?, you may wonder. But, I could customization my party member's head/appearance in TOR, some may complain. Well, the droid party members won't be the solo recipient of customization. For each non-droid party member, I plan to have 2 or 3 variations for their head. Obviously, the heads shown off thus far (and shown in the portraits on the website) are going to be the canon heads for them.

Website

I am considering to possibly tweak the site's layout, and fix a couple CSS problems in the process. As always, the Kast's Echo website is the official source to find out the latest updates for this mod.

Anyways, I hope to get the video update up very soon. So, stay tuned for that in the near future.

More Coming Soon...

If you need it, I would be more than happy to lend my writing skills to assist this project. Although, naturally, I would have other priorities that take precedence, I could assist you to some degree in the dialog department. I could also lend some degree of creative support.

Sorry to post here when there's no real update, but I just wanted to express my great appreciation for this mod. Your characters are well-skinned and balanced, and I'm looking forward to any new updates. If and when the time for voice-overs comes, I'd be happy to spend hours listening to K1 sound files to try to do a really great HK-47 impression for you.