Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dawn

What mods do you think are essential to TSL ( besides TSLRCM :) )

Guest Dawn

Hello, i am really new to TSL, actually i stumbled to these forums reading some stuff about tsl, so i am about to play it for the first time, and i want to ask you what kinda modes do you think are essential or well really good, that you must have, if there are any besides the TSLRCM.

Thanks, hope it's not too much trouble.

I use:

- The improved dialog.tlk file that is also hosted here.

- Rebalance.

Among other things, it lowers the Basic Attack Bonus of Consulars like Kotor 1 did. It makes Guardians useful again that way, as they also gain two extra feats. And it removes the arbitrary limitations on class skills, which makes the game more fun for me.

I don't use the npc.2da file from that, though. That one (unintentionally?) leads to NPCs having more exp than you.

- Improved AI.

This leads to, for instance, Hanharr using his Wookie rage against Mira, which is a good thing, makes him actually do damage.

That's it. I don't count "new cool stuff" mods like force powers or added content of any sort to be essential.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Yeah that one's a good candidate too. I don't personally use it because last time I tried, I had a problem with T3 not showing up in the fuel line. (EDIT: Ok that might have been Ulic's.)

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Yeah that one's a good candidate too. I don't personally use it because last time I tried, I had a problem with T3 not showing up in the fuel line.

Really? That is interesting... I wonder if many have had that problem.

Guest DH-010

I haven't, but I also have Ulic's Peragus mod. I believe this mod fixes the T3 Fuel Line problem, as it is, I believe, a vanilla and totally random issue.

I haven't, but I also have Ulic's Peragus mod. I believe this mod fixes the T3 Fuel Line problem, as it is, I believe, a vanilla and totally random issue.

No it's actually a product of Ulic's mod,he fixed the issue where you use the console and "spot" T3 in the fuel pipe(he doesn't show up in vanilla game) but occasionally for some reason T3 won't be in the pipe when you enter it.

VP Modules Tweak Pack 1 Mod Download, Knights of the Old Republic 2 Mods

Read all about VP's mod there..

As for the improved dialog.tlk, it's safe to install most mods without a conflict, just make sure that the mod you're installing doesn't override your dialog.tlk. Most mods won't, especially those that have little or nothing to do with dialog editing.

As for the must-have mods, I'd say the Admirality and Battle of Telos mods, but I don't know if they're compatible with TSLRCM.

Just an FYI, the next version of TSLRCM will have the improved dialog.tlk integrated instead of as a seperate mod (for the english version that is).

That's because a few issues couldn't really be fixed otherwise anyway, so we might as well profit from all typo and VO/ST mismatch fixes :).

But if you still find some even when using it, I would like to know so we can fix that for then...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

Well, I find my Workbench Crystal Attunement mod essential. :D can't imagine ever playing another game without it!

I also just discovered the Movie Style Darkside Transitions mod, which I'm trying out in my current, DS, playthrough. I suspect I'm about to fall in love with that one, too, though I guess that's in no way "essential".

Oooh, I just had a look at that VP's peragus tweak. I'm going to restart the playthrough just to experience that.

It doesn't fix the T3 in the fuel line thing though?

EDIT: Ugh, the zip contents are a huge farking mess. VPuppeeeeeet!! *shake fist*

Edited by Markus Ramikin

EDIT: Ugh, the zip contents are a huge farking mess. VPuppeeeeeet!! *shake fist*

Then unzip-it... and be sure to follow instructions, as this mod doesn't install as simply as any mod. However, the results are well worth the effort of reading a little.

Then unzip-it... and be sure to follow instructions, as this mod doesn't install as simply as any mod. However, the results are well worth the effort of reading a little.

I blame it on TSLPatcher.

EDIT:

Don't forget CaptainHair's Kreia Model Fix

Edited by VarsityPuppet

I looked into that and was struck by its massive irrelevance :)

What are you, my arch nemesis? :) You're on my case everywhere! lol

I don't see how this mod by CaptainHair is irrelevant. Maybe in my post, where I jumped to it randomly, but it fits fine within this thread.

Haha, I'm so sorry. I'm actually your fan, not nemesis, remember HK factory is my favorite part of TSLRCM.

It's just that looking at those screenies, the before and after, sure I could see that one of them is greener and the other one a little less green... just kind of failing to see why one is so much better than the other. Maybe I'm missing something.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Guest staticjoe66

Dawn my game isn't complete without Shem's Super Enhanced mods, The Jedi Temple and the expansion (which just puts Coruscant on your galaxy map as visitable), SuperSquall's Skip Peragus and Prestige Padawans, Skip Telos, Darth Insidious Tomb of Azgath N'Dul which I play only as a DS Exile, Team Hssiss Full Force mods, the High Level Force Powers mod and Lit Ridl's Warpband.

If I'm playing a DS Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder I will also install the Sith Regeneration mod

Hello, i am really new to TSL, actually i stumbled to these forums reading some stuff about tsl, so i am about to play it for the first time, and i want to ask you what kinda modes do you think are essential or well really good, that you must have, if there are any besides the TSLRCM.

Thanks, hope it's not too much trouble.

Haha, I'm so sorry. I'm actually your fan, not nemesis, remember HK factory is my favorite part of TSLRCM.

K, just checking lol

It's just that looking at those screenies, the before and after, sure I could see that one of them is greener and the other one a little less green... just kind of failing to see why one is so much better than the other. Maybe I'm missing something.

kreiarobe.jpg

Fixed left, vanilla right.

Tell me that does not annoy you :)

Guest staticjoe66

I've never had an issue--I miss out on the first lightsaber part, other than that I've experienced no problems and have played through the game 4 times

I think Skip Telos might be incompatible with TSL RCM, though...

VP: Nope, I already said I looked at the before and after and I don't notice this in-game :P

Why would you want to skip Telos? I guess this thread has by now degenerated from "essential" to "everything I like". Not that I had no part in that...

Guest staticjoe66

Markus I simply hate Citadel Station--all the backtracking not accomplishing much of anything, even the side quests are a waste of time. Yes, it takes me longer to get LS or DS Mastery as well as taking longer to build my lightsaber...to me, it's a fair trade

VP: Nope, I already said I looked at the before and after and I don't notice this in-game :P

Why would you want to skip Telos? I guess this thread has by now degenerated from "essential" to "everything I like". Not that I had no part in that...