Sign in to follow this  
catagurin

The Clone Wars Season 4 is EPIC!!!

I can't believe how epic is TCW Season 4. I mean, I watched the Umbara series and I felt like watching Band Of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan. PLUS, the return of Darth Maul, which maybe is the best part of it.

i kinda stopped at the battle of mon calamari (beginning of the season, right?) idk why it just was weird and i guess it made me lose interest. i should watch it again though, since i watched the other seasons.

Guest Gatherum

Darth Maul's return was perhaps one of those titillating ideas that should not have actually come to fruition. It's cool and all, but I hate what they did to his character! They made him almost exactly like every other cocky and conniving villain in the series (and somewhat beyond, for that matter). What made Maul awesome was his silent, destructive, deadly badassery. He is noted as being one of a very few unique Sith that relied entirely on his cunning, his skill, and his prowess in physical combat rather than the taunting psychology of dun möch, this being something noted by his former seniors. Come The Clone Wars season 4, however, he re-emerges as a half-breed spider droid on the very fringes of his sanity. That, I don't mind. Seems reasonable for a guy who was bisected, thrown down a reactor pit, and left for certain death. I don't even mind his new cybernetic legs. But all those monologues about his seething hatred for Obi-wan, his smack talk toward the latter during their subsequent duel, and his overblown, almost angsty vocal delivery through it all? No. Just... no.

To each his own. Personally I absolutely HATE the return of Darth Maul. Not because I dislike the character, but I hate how these shows just won't let anyone die. Ever. The guy was CUT IN HALF, for crying out loud! But surely that's not enough to kill him... I mean, where is the credibility? If he can survive that, then what can't supposedly dead characters in Star Wars survive? After all, how long can it be now before they do an episode where Jango Fett turns out to be alive despite having had his head chopped off?

• Like 1

After all, how long can it be now before they do an episode where Jango Fett turns out to be alive despite having had his head chopped off?

....next season.

well actually darth maul canonically was alive during this time, they just didnt have information on what exactly he was doing. he doesnt die for quite some time. darth maul actually murders watto in the expanded universe (nvm that was made non-canon) and a doppleganger of him duels darth vader. you'd actually be surprised at how some characters can survive. boba fett escaped from the sarlaac, which takes 1000 years to digest its victims, keeping them alive for that long so they are just in agonizing pain. i find it weird the way maul is related to savage and i prefer maul the way he was in ep. 1 because he was a total badass like a person above me said. btw, there's this thing on starwars.com that shows that they might bring the commandos into the show *insert RC fanboy thing here*.

Guest R2-X2

I hate it when anything apart from the original six movies is called canonical. For me it should rather be treated like fanfiction. Hate on me now, should you feel the desire.

I hate it when anything apart from the original six movies is called canonical. For me it should rather be treated like fanfiction. Hate on me now, should you feel the desire.

What do you mean? Without the EU there is no use for canon, it doesn't exist, lol. They're just movies.

Guest R2-X2

What do you mean? Without the EU there is no use for canon, it doesn't exist, lol. They're just movies.

Call me ignorant, but I don't like the whole EU thing. Sure, I love stuff like KotOR, but it somehow isn't the same Star Wars for me.

To each his own. Personally I absolutely HATE the return of Darth Maul. Not because I dislike the character, but I hate how these shows just won't let anyone die. Ever. The guy was CUT IN HALF, for crying out loud! But surely that's not enough to kill him... I mean, where is the credibility? If he can survive that, then what can't supposedly dead characters in Star Wars survive? After all, how long can it be now before they do an episode where Jango Fett turns out to be alive despite having had his head chopped off?

People can survive being cut in half even in real life. SW wise, dark forces 2 Jedi knight had maw who's upper half was mounted to a repulsar/life support thing.

cool thing i noticed: maul's design clearly references his appearance in the where he fights Obi-wan at the Lar's farm

they might bring the commandos into the show

OH Heck to the no. If they bring them in, they better find a good writer who knows at least half of the character quirks or details. You can kick Traviss out of star wars canon and from making books, but NO Way can they start writing for her characters! I know my vote mean egg salad to most of the Clone Wars staff and that they've been running roughshod through practically everything else I hold dear (Malistare and the addition of the ZilloBeast, anyone?), but eventually someone has to draw a line on what is decent.

People can survive being cut in half even in real life. SW wise, dark forces 2 Jedi knight had maw who's upper half was mounted to a repulsar/life support thing.

cool thing i noticed: maul's design clearly references his appearance in the where he fights Obi-wan at the Lar's farm

Give me 1 example. And not for a minute or two.

Really, that's some BS. Just like Palpatine's countless clones. Lazy storytelling that is.

While I like the redesign of Darth Maul asthetically, Maw's LEGS were severed from his body, so there's still a suspension of disbelief.. I mean considering Vader, that he would have survived (albeit uncomfortably)

So, yeah... There's no grounding in reality or canon that Maul would actually have survived being bisected that long (or at all). Plus the story of techno-maul was from Infinities where Leia was a dark jedi and various hero characters die, or Tales, if it's not that; and given that both are wholly ficticious or a parody, one cannot accept them as "realistic" in star wars fiction...

~But what do I know, they had people being put in android bodies, the emperor continuously re-killing the death star's lead designer, and a three eyed semi-new emperor who also tried to marry princess Leia. Stranger things have happened. :confused:

maul is ressurected multiple times, he fights vader at one point and luke too, i do believe.. he is one of the greatest duelists in the history of star wars but is also one of the greatest whipping posts too :( tis a shame, i love darth maul!

plus, season 5 is more epic tbh :)