milestails

Semi-new Mega Retexture Mod

I was surfing around moddb and came across this http://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-ultimate

It is a significant retexture/remodeling mod that deals with a few of the modules, lightsabers, blasters, and adds some new content as well. It looks like the KotOR equivalent of TSLMIM by Drewton.

Anybody ever use it in a playthrough? It kind of makes me want to play KotOR again because I love higher resolution textures in-game.

So I downloaded the mod and extracted the files without having used them in-game yet...

The size of the individual texture files are HUGE....like upwards to 2048x2048x32!

Not sure what I think of the weapons, but the environments look amazing. Can't wait to see more of them finished.

I think Xarwarz's 2012 texture mods look striking, but they definitely take some creative license. These feel a bit more traditional so far (which I like).

Not sure what I think of the weapons, but the environments look amazing. Can't wait to see more of them finished.

I think Xarwarz's 2012 texture mods look striking, but they definitely take some creative license. These feel a bit more traditional so far (which I like).

Yeah I just took out the textures I liked from the extracted files and deleted all the rest.

Yeah I just took out the textures I liked from the extracted files and deleted all the rest.

How could you tell what it extracted? It used an odd .exe installer. Did you just know what was in your Override folder before you ran it? Is that the only place the .exe is putting files?

How could you tell what it extracted? It used an odd .exe installer. Did you just know what was in your Override folder before you ran it? Is that the only place the .exe is putting files?

Well, it should be pretty obvious from his previous graphics packs what he modifies, but when you run the extractor, it actually creates a new folder with the name of the module/package. I ran all the installers in a temp directory and manually copied over everything into my override folder.

Ah, that is good news. I was sadly just assuming this was dead and we'd only get those first few planets. Thanks for bumping the thread, I hadn't checked moddb for a while.

The 0.2 patch is up on the site!

KotOR looks gorgeous now with the Ultimate mod and Widescreen patch installed!

Just found this, and checked the site. I gotta say this: Now THAT'S what a Republic Cruiser should look like!

That reminds me. It would be GRAND if someone would redetail/ retexture all of the Republic Warships' exteriors. Does anyone know if this pack will include something like that?