Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Clipping - Level of Detail

Now that our computers and graphics cards are slightly faster than in 2003/2004, is there a setting to achieve a level of detail greater in remote areas (or simply display them and not hide them).

I think of unconventional uses to make screenshots for illustration purposes (for example by setting far camera views in .2da)

TTLan

Well, there are several texture packs, most with higher resolution textures than base TSL.

I generally dislike most since they add so much shine that you wane yourself in a disco instead of a planet, but there should be some good ones out there...

Well, there are several texture packs, most with higher resolution textures than base TSL.

I generally dislike most since they add so much shine that you wane yourself in a disco instead of a planet, but there should be some good ones out there...

Thanks for the reply, HH, and I agree with you about the shining plastic appearance of most of them. Remember I've already extensively intervene about that in http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/560-kotor-2012/page__view__findpost__p__6338

But that's not what I am talking about.

When I set a camera at 300 meters, for example, distant objects are not displayed (gray areas). This is the clipping.

For example, if I position myself at the entrance of the Academy of Korriban, and I put a camera at 300 meters high to see the Ebon Hawk and the entire Valley of Dark Lords, all that is more than 20 or 30 meters away is no longer displayed. I have all settings at maximum in the game and I have a pretty good equipment. Are there other settings that I do not know? Parameters passed to the GPU driver?