Sign in to follow this  
Guest milestails

Revisioning Atris' Role

Guest milestails

One of the things about TSL that has always bugged me was how Atris was used in the game. She sounds old, scathing, and doesn't have the biggest role despite how she was originally conceived of. Promotional and concept art depicted her as younger and the antithesis of the dark side represented by Darth Nihilus indicating she was to have a major impact on the story and the PC.

Wookiepedia states that she did in fact have a larger place in the game:

• The name of her appearance set is Party_NPC_Atris.
  • She has an unused party member portrait in the game files.
  • As said before, she is the face of TSL in the marketing department.
  • Atris as Darth Traya is still viewable by editing the CurSithLord=1 option in the swkotor2.ini file.
  • There were a couple of other endings where Kreia would be redeemed and Atris would assume the Darth Traya getup.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Atris

I understand this would be a major undertaking with lots of added content and completely retooling the end game sequences, but would it be possible to restore Atris to her original place as a party member?

Guest hkmandalore47

i get what you mean. im not a modder, but ur right. she was in this famous promo showing her dueling nihilus, where she is the symbol of good dueling the symbol of evil. yet once you mean her, she's just a b*tch and i cant stand her. im not an expert, but if this were to be done, this would have to be a separate project. because maybe this was during early ideas of the game, because i dont think that they would have changed her role so much for the purpose of meeting the deadline.

Guest milestails

And she's on the cover art on the game's box! One would think a character with that kind of exposure would have more of a role in the game than she currently does.

The name of her appearance set is Party_NPC_Atris.

She has an unused party member portrait in the game files.

Testing purposes, REALLY early concept at the most.

Atris as Darth Traya is still viewable by editing the CurSithLord=1 option in the swkotor2.ini file.

Those are the clothes she was supposed to wear on telos, but it didn't make sense so they removed it.

There were a couple of other endings where Kreia would be redeemed and Atris would assume the Darth Traya getup.

Made up much?

I just want people to realize there wasn't much more intended for Atris than what is already there. If you feel she needs a bigger role, that's okay, but you should know that it was not meant to be like that.

Guest HK-47
Made up much?

I just want people to realize there wasn't much more intended for Atris than what is already there. If you feel she needs a bigger role, that's okay, but you should know that it was not meant to be like that.

Correction: There actually was supposed to be an ending like that. There are game files regarding this, audio only as far as I know.

Guest Disturbed205

Made up much?

Really? That's why most of Kreia's endgame dialog is also in Atris's voice? That's why she is the final boss in the Prima guide? Really?

Try being a little friendlier??? -HH

Edited by Hassat Hunter

That's why most of Kreia's endgame dialog is also in Atris's voice?

Exactly, *Kreia's* dialog. It cannot be Atris saying those lines because it doesn't make any sense with the story at any point. It was a mix up most likely, since both characters were Darth Traya at some point.

That's why she is the final boss in the Prima guide?

She is a boss that is fought in the endgame... ;)

Really?

Yes.

Just look at the game files carefully, and you'll see..

Really? That's why most of Kreia's endgame dialog is also in Atris's voice? That's why she is the final boss in the Prima guide? Really?

Let's not start a flame war.

Let's face it - due to having a label entry in the appearance.2da file and a portrait of her (plus an empty entry for a separate Atris Head) it was probably likely that at some point the game developers were going to have Atris in your party. I mean they did the same sort of thing for Bastila and Kotor 1 (they used her image to promote the game and she's on the front cover), so we'd expect that to be the case for TSL. It's still a little impractical to have her as a party member though - You know, considering it makes almost no sense why she should join you at all.

Atris as Darth Traya? Probably, definitely not on Malachor. Like Bead said, the lines that are voiced by Atris are strangely characteristic of lines that KREIA would say. Not to mention that there is only a few lines that are actually voiced by Atris in that area, not as many as most think.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

Guest Disturbed205

She is a boss that is fought in the endgame... ;)

Yes, but not with the name "Darth Traya", the get up, and the red lightsaber.

Let me read to you a section from the Prima guide laying on my desk.

"By the time the Ebon Hawk lands on Telos, Kreia has already left. The damage has been done, however; Atris has openly embraced the dark side and has taken the moniker of Darth Traya. You confront her in her meditation chamber, where it's revealed that Traya has gathered dozens of Sith holocrons. She brushes aside any offer you make to show mercy or lead her to redemption, and there's no choice but to fight for your life."

Yes, but not with the name "Darth Traya", the get up, and the red lightsaber.

At that point she believes she is Darth Traya, she is referred to as Darth Traya in the files at that point. And I think she still has the red lightsaber in vanilla.. As for the robes, that was a last minute cut, because testers didn't think it made sense.

"By the time the Ebon Hawk lands on Telos, Kreia has already left. The damage has been done, however; Atris has openly embraced the dark side and has taken the moniker of Darth Traya. You confront her in her meditation chamber, where it's revealed that Traya has gathered dozens of Sith holocrons. She brushes aside any offer you make to show mercy or lead her to redemption, and there's no choice but to fight for your life."

Vanilla...?

Prima got a lot of BS in it, like Bastila's lightsaber in the Korriban Tomb and lots of other stuff that really doesn't happen in Vanilla.

Not sure when the hell it got written. Would be interested in a digital copy though, may anyone has one (PM?)

Guest Disturbed205

In the guide itself there's a few things, Bastila's lightsaber, the cut items and feats, the Masters having different lightsabers, Atris as Dark Traya.

On the back, however, it shows scenes with the orginial mining droids, Atton in a different default costume, the exile in a blue tunic from K1 (with a head from K1 I believe) fighting with lightsabers on Peragus.

The back of the box for both TSL and K1 have things that aren't in the game. TSL box has Exile with a silver dual-sabre fighting the HK-50s on the Polar Plateau, Kreia with both hands, and a female Exile with Handmaiden. K1 box has Bastila fighting a Sith in the Taris Upper City and Revan fighting the droid in the Taris Sith Base with a lightsaber.