Consular Sentinel Class Skill Swap 1.0.0

(7 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a mirror. The main file can be found on Nexusmods. Updates will be found, and feedback should be directed, there.

Summary

This mod swaps the class skills for the Jedi Sentinel and Jedi Consular, giving the Sentinel the Computer Use, Demolitions and Repair Class skills, and removing them from the Consular.

It always bothered me that the Jedi Consular had 6 class skills, more than the Scoundrel or the Scout, while the Jedi Sentinel had 3, the same number as the Jedi Guardian. It was also highly inconsistent with the other design decisions made towards the Jedi classes, and inconsistent with KotOR 2. It always felt like a mistake.

Every other progression decision is based around the idea that the Guardian is the melee class, the Consular is the Force class, and the Sentinel is the Skill class. Feat gain, Skill gain, and Power Gain are all based around this. Guardians get more feats, while Consulars and Sentinels get the same number. Consulars get more powers, while Guardians and Sentinels get the same number. Sentinels get more skills, while Consulars and Guardians get the same number.

While I wouldn't classify this mod as a bugfix, it does fix an inconsistency within the game, that left the Sentinel as the least viable Jedi class, considering that skill progression is substantially less useful, especially in KotOR 1, than base attack, force saves, feat gain, and power gain, all of which it lags behind both other classes in. This makes the Sentinel somewhat more viable as a class, especially for skill focused runs, and makes the Jedi Consular slightly less effective, considering it already has a lot going for it, due to the increased number of force power and better saving throws.

Features

• Swaps the Class Skills of the Jedi Consular and Sentinel

Requirements & Compatibility

• To install, run the Installer.exe file. It will automatically install the mod for you

Recommended Mods

Other Links

If you would like to know what else I am working on, you can follow me on my Twitter. If you want to see more of my mods, you can view all of them on my Nexus profile.

If you would like to see more, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel, or follow me on Twitch, where I play a variety of games and showcase a variety of mods.

If you want to discuss any of my work, or just want to hang out, you can join my Discord. If you want to directly contact me, my email address is darth@darthbdaman.com.

Thank you for reading, enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

diegodb

Share this review

Link to review
Alteisen

Share this review

Link to review
Sari'ss

Share this review

Link to review
edden

Share this review

Link to review