SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Oct 24 2015 07:55 PM
- Last Updated: Mar 09 2016 01:36 PM
- File Size: 446.93MB
- Views: 33082
- Downloads: 18,902
- Approved by: Sith Holocron
- Approved on: 24 October 2015 - 08:57 PM
- K1R Compatible: Yes
Download High Quality Skyboxes 1.243 Votes
Patch 1.2 is now out. It fixes two small issues (not worth redownloading though) and more importantly adds 1k versions of my skyboxes for weaker computers.
This mod replaces every skybox and almost every backdrop in the game with a new high resolution version made from scratch.
Additionally I changed the fog color in the Korriban modules to make the area model and the skybox blend better and I edited the SunAurora (the glow when looking into the sun) in some modules.
Other than that I recommend you just check out the screenshots as pictures say more than a thousand words And for the animated Manaan Underwater backdrop, check out the video.
The pack has been in development for nine months now and is my first big mod project ever. I want to thank everyone who contributed to the project and/or gave criticism. You really made this a great experience, thank you
If you find any issues or have any other comments, please let me know and I'll see what can be done.
This mod consists of one main file and several optional AddOns. Here they are:
- HQSkyboxes_Part1.rar & HQSkyboxes_Part2.rar: These are the main files that includes every skybox and backdrop I made for the vanilla game. Download and extract BOTH of them!
- Optional_BoSSR.rar: This is an AddOn to be used with Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomons Revenge and includes every skybox introduced by said mod. Note the installation instructions!
- Optional_BoSSR_TarisDestroyed.rar: This is an AddOn for the BoSSR AddOn that replaces the BoS:SR Taris skybox with a version that shows the damage done by the Mandalorian invaders. The BoS:SR AddOn is required to use this one.
- Optional_GreenDantooine.rar: This is an AddOn to be used with the Green Grass for Dantooine mod and replaces the Dantooine skybox with a version that has green grass. The main file is required for this to work properly.
- Optional_TatooineNoClouds.rar: This AddOn removes the clouds from my Tatooine skyboxes bringing them closer to their vanilla appearance.
- Optional_NoSeaFloorAnimation.zip: This removes the animation from the Manaan seafloor backdrop. Read the installation instructions!!!
- 1k_MainFile.zip: 1k version of the main package
- 1k_Optional_BoSSR.zip: 1k version of the Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomons Revenge pack
- 1k_Optional_BoSSR_TarisDestroyed.zip: 1k version of the damaged Taris skybox for BoSSR
- 1k_Optional_GreenDantooine.zip: 1k version of the green Dantooine skybox pack
- 1k_Optional_TatooineNoClouds.zip: 1k version of the Tatooine skybox without clouds
In most cases you simply have to copy all files from the archive into your Override. Some of them do have special instructions however, so please read the Read Me file included with every download (it's not the same every time!!!).
The "ceiling" and "wall" in the underwater areas of Manaan don't blend at all. This is however only visible when going to first person mode and looking up. If you don't do this, you won't notice anything.
Manaan Sea Floor Animation Video:
Mod by Kexikus
Created with the free version of Terragen 3 and Photoshop CS6
Bioware: Taris building model, Tatooine building models
dandelO: Grass shader used for Dantooine and the Unknown World https://sites.google...ospubliclibrary
Darth Parametric: extracting the Tatooine building models, making .mtl files for the palm models and the Hammerhead cruiser model
Dastardly: figuring out SunAurora and making an editor for it that I was able to use
ftourini: tree bark texture used for both Kashyyyk textures http://ftourini.devi...k textures&qo=8
Jorak Uln: textures for the Taris building models
killst4r: palm trees used for the Unknown World http://www.turbosqui...x.cfm/ID/490485
Malkior: BoS:SR Taris damage
Quanon: extracting the Taris building model and making two more Taris building models, making the crashed engine model for the Unknown World
Silveredge9: original BoS:SR .are files and permission for me to edit them
tsjase: Hammerhead model used for the Unknown World
Walli: ferns used for the Unknown World http://forums.planet....php?topic=6343
Dantooine Tree from http://www.terragen....pmod;dl=item603
Moon texture from LOLA/LRO data http://files.bigben....s/moon/geotiff/
Smoke textures from http://jto.s3.amazon...-a-20140621.jpg
THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR BIOWARE. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.
What's New in Version 1.2 (See full changelog)
- 1.0 Initial Release
- 1.1 Fixed an issue with the Manaan Sith Base skybox
- Fixed an issue with the Taris backdrop buildings
- Repacked the files as LKS_tree05.tga was corrupted
- Removed the Original Manaan optional file as it had issues that'd be too much work to fix
- 1.2 Small fixes for the Taris and the Tatooine Swooprace skyboxes
- Added optional 1k version for weaker computers
- Added optional version of the Manaan seafloor texture without animation