• Views: 17422
  • Downloads: 8,541
  • Approved by: Sith Holocron
  • Approved on: 09 September 2015 - 08:40 PM
  • K1R Compatible: Yes

Download Complete Effects Overhaul alpha 0.1

* * * * * 16 Votes

Screenshots

The goal of this mod is to give the various ingame effects a more recent look, i also highly recommend to use it in tandem with my Complete Overhaul series.

This mod is currently in alpha stage; since my goal is to tweak every effect until it looks right, it covers the most common fx effects for now:

Included are:

Fireball
Beam Effects
animated Force Storm
Drain
Heal
Force Stun
Adhesive Grenade
Various muzzle flashes

Installation:

Since this mod uses animations, XnView is mandatory to install the mod properly - without it you can get weird errors like upside down textures, animations running backwards etc.
Installation of all my mods via XnView is the same and very easy- i recommend to watch Xuuls videos or just follow these steps:

1.FIRST, drag Part 1 Kotor\Override folder.

2.THEN, install the Parts 2 via XnView into KOTOR\Override as shown in HowtoInstall.rar.

Compatibilty:

This mod is compatible with all mods except the ones which change the fx effects - like Hi res beam Effects or Fire &Ice Whee etc.

Enjoy!

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

You never know what you want until you see it, and damn, do I want that adhesive grenade splatter retexture. Excellent work, and looking forward to future updates!

What Dantooine retexture is that?

And is the moddb version the newest version of this mod?

You never know what you want until you see it, and damn, do I want that adhesive grenade splatter retexture. Excellent work, and looking forward to future updates!

Haha. Lets see how the Cryoban ones turn out..

What Dantooine retexture is that?

And is the moddb version the newest version of this mod?

Thats an early alpha. And yes, the moddb is the newest one. But in general, always take a look at DS first.

Looks great.

How come the moddb version and this one are out of sync?

I DL'ed the moddb version, and I appreciate your hard work! :)

Thanks! It is a perfect work!

Hi, Is this for KOTOR 1 or TSL?

Hi, Is this for KOTOR 1 or TSL?

It's in K1 download section so obv it's for K1 :)

It's in K1 download section so obv it's for K1 :D

Technically, it should work with K2 as well, but its possible that some effects are spelled differently in the second game - all you have to do is to check in Kotor Tool and (if necessary) rename the tga's.

I could do it, but time is short atm, and there are still some other Overhauls to be released first. 

I couldn't get this mod to install through xnview. I kept getting a cannot create file error when I went to batch process. 

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

17 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

1 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Askaria, Bing (2), Yahoo (1), Alexa (1)