Download Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack 1.2.2

* * * * * 14 Votes

Screenshots

UNOFFICIAL TSLRCM (THE SITH LORDS RESTORATION MODIFICATION) TWEAK PACK
version 1.2.2

Author: Pavijan357

1. Description:
---------------------

As you all know, SW-KOTOR 2 : The Sith Lords is a brilliant game. Unfortunately, at the time of release it was definitely a flawed game, because of its unfinished state.

Then came the people behind TSLRCM project and did what seemed impossible. After years hard work by all people involved in it, final result is here: TSLRCM 1.8.5 . KOTOR 2 is closer to its finished state and Obsidian's vision than ever before. (And with recently released M4-78EP by Zbyl2, and few possible future projects, it goes even further).

So, what is this than actually for? Well, the way I see it, instead of broken dirty gem TSL was before, now with TSLRCM, it's the large shinning diamond, just a little rough on the few edges. This is made to polish it around a little...

It's seems to me that in their vision to restore as much cut content, TSLRCM crew got a little carried away and restored even things that seem that they weren't left out because of short development time, but actually CUT from game, because authors had some other and better ideas, or simple they didn't thought that they fit in the game in general.
Now, I don't claim to know what was Obsidian's original vision better than anybody else, especially TSLRCM guys, but there are some things that bothered me during the play through and seamed jarring and out of place to me, so I have made this Tweak Pack for my personal use, and also for everyone else who feels the same about those particular things.

Of course, this is ultimately thing of personal preference, so I have made this pack modular so you can install only things that you want and leave others as they are (modular parts are installed with TSL Patcher), but have also provided all-in-one setup for those that want it all.

Contents of this pack consist of 5 main components and 3 small extras:

Component 1 - Jorran the extortionist instead of Kaeve the thief

As you probably know, TSLRCM returned cut character of padawan Kaeve, who’s laigreks stole farming equipment from farmer Suulru on Dantoine, instead of scavenger Jorran who insisted that Suulru should give him extra money for his vaporator, which was the case in published version of the game.

I like the general idea behind Kaeve and voice-over done for her by Usagi was fine, but main problem with her is that her dialog seams, well... not well written in the first place, it feels incomplete and not well thought through. It' seems to me that she was abandoned in earlier part of production and discarded as idea, and that's why Obsidian have bothered to record voice-over for Jorran's and Suulru's new lines instead of making some for Keave. Don't get me wrong, TSLRCM crew did a good job of restoring what was in the files, but it seems that there wasn't lot of quality material to restore anyway...

So this component returns whole Jorran/Suulru situation to what it was in published version of TSL and removes Keave from game altogether. This also returns lightsaber part to Jorran which he had originally, instead of Keave as in TSLRCM.

Component 2 - Saedhe's original head

You may remember Seadhe, Khoonda Militia investigator in Khoonda plains, Dantooine. In TSLRCM he is given cut unique head which was planned for him earlier, but my opinion, based on his voice in game, is that unique head was intentionally scrapped and in the published version he got that of an old black guy to fit better with that voice.
So install this component if you would like to see his originaly assigned head again.

Component 3 - No Mandalore falling on Ravager bridge

In old TSLRCM versions, after you defeat Darth Nihilus and your party is leaving Ravager's command bridge, Mandalore inexplicably stood on some invisible mine and fell on the ground. This has been done to make excuse for starting Mandalore/Visas conversation. Version 1.8.3 replaced mine with much more sensible Dark Side backslash from Nihilus'es dissapearing corpse, which actually looks fitting, and could satisfy lots of people.ž, but in case that you still want that whole part removed - this component is here.

There is also spliced part on first Mandalore/Visas conversation upon boarding Ravager ("I know what it meant for you to accompany me here...") that should also, like the post-fight conversation between them, be left for some other mod which restores Ravager part to it's original concept (Mandalore and Visas go to Ravager alone, Exile joins them later) like Zbyl2's excellent "Ravager Rewrite" mod which will, I hope, be eventually updated for TSLRCM compatibility if he finds time and still has some desire for modding after his work on M4-78EP.

So, this component removes spliced part on first Mandalore/Visas conversation and whole bridge collapse/second conversation situation after Nihilus fight, so you can wait nicely until some future version "Ravager Rewrite", or some other mod, restores those lines more fittingly.

Component 4 - Atton’s ending dialogue

After you defeat final boss, in TSLRCM you (depending on your choices) will get few final conversations with some of your crewmates. Atton is one of them, and his conversations (in both possible versions) are great and emotionally satisfying. But they seem written only for lightside character and don't fit at all for cold-blooded bastard that you may have turned your Exile into!

Because of that, this component inserts extra requirements for this dialogs to happen: Exile must be lightside, neutral, or, mildly darkside with high influence with Atton (high req. for influence is only for slightly darkside chars to reflect situation when player is not entirely insensitive to suffering of those close to him and he got along with Atton nicely). So if your Exile does match any of those requirements you will get the dialog as it is until now, and if he/she doesn't - you will not be bothered with it.

Component 5 - Kreia - Atris dialog modification

When Kreia visits Atis on Telos, dialog between those two is one of the more important ones in the whole game because it gives lots of exposition on Kreia's motivation. TSLRCM added a few restored lines of dialogue to it that do not seem to fit the story in it's final form.

It's about the lines that reference that Kreia was there during Exiles trial, and more important that she was the one who asked for her/him to be exiled. Which doesn't fit at all, because she was presumed dead since Mandalorian Wars by the Jedi Order at that time, and becouse of that she couldn't have asked that of the Jedi Council when (as we see in dialogue between them near the end) they weren't even aware that she survived! This seems to be a remnant of some old plot version that was abandoned during the production.

Thus, this component removes that group of added lines from that dialogue (but keeps other ones that are not related to this issue).
Thanks to Markus Ramikin who has noticed this issue and informed me of it.

Extra components:

This small tweaks are separated as extras because they are not based on restorations or anything other than some thoughts of mine, or are probably insignificant to majority of players and made mostly for extra nitpicky crazies like myself.

Extra 1 - Trayus Sith Lords unified

This takes care of small thing that caught my eye - that Sith Lords in the left part of Trayus academy have their masks on, but those in the right part don't. This was probably done intentionally, possibly to provide more diversity, but what bothered me is that those without masks share the same head with Sith apprentices which are at few places found at the very same room (Yes, it bothers me, I'm that nitpicky [ :P] ).
So, this only gives those few Sith Lords in Trays ac. the same masks that their "colleagues" in the other part have. Simply as that.

Extra 2 - Lower Awareness requirement for "Gand Warrior" quest

This lowers required Awareness for solving the quest given by Suulustan in Jekk Jekk Tarr cantina, on Nar Shadaa, to 4 instead 16. Why so low? Because I think that 16 is really too much for such a trivial quest, and by making it as low as 4 it can be solved even by players who didn't develop their Exile's Awareness, simply by equipping a few of skill boosting items, and maybe casting Valor also if needed.

2. Change list:
---------------------------------

Version 1.0 - 1.1 :
1) Updated for 1.8.3 version of TSLRCM - most important removed the "Nihilus always drains" optional component since the issue is addressed in TSLRCM 1.8.3
2) Compatibility patch for M4-78EP updated to M4-78EP 1.1 version of journal

Version 1.1 - 1.2:
Added Component 5 - Kreia - Atris dialog modification

Version 1.2 - 1.2.1:
1) Updated for 1.8.4 version of TSLRCM
2) Compatibility patch for M4-78EP updated to M4-78EP 1.2 version of journal

Version 1.2.1 - 1.2.2:
1) Updated files for 1.8.5 version of TSLRCM
2) New modular TSL Patcher installer made by Fair Strides which provides improved compatibility with number of other mods.

3. Installation:
---------------------
To install this Tweak Pack, TSLRCM 1.8.5 or (eventual future newer version) MUST be installed. It is made for TSLRCM and without it, it has no point.

1) If you're planning to install any of modular parts just run U_TSLRCM_TP_IND.exe and follow instructions. You need to run U_TSLRCM_TP_IND.exe once for each component you have to install.
For Component 1 ( Kaeve removal) BOTH parts must be installed for it to work properly.

Any component can be installed any time after TSLRCM installation.

2) If you're planning to install the complete installer version just run its URCMTP.exe and follow instructions. It's advisable to do it IMMIDIATELLY after TSLRCM installation. In that case if you plan to install some other mods after TSLRCM they won't be overwritten, and maximum compatibility is assured.

4. Uninstallation
---------------------
Copy appropriate files from "backup" folder to their original places.

5. Mod Compatibility:
---------------------
Any mod that is compatible with TSLRCM is compatible with it's Tweak Pack.
If you use complete version of installer there is a compatibility patch for M4-78EP provided in its own directory. After installation of M4-78EP, just copy the file inside comp. patch directory to "override" directory inside your KOTOR 2 installation and overwrite the one there. If you use Individual installer compatibility patch is not needed.

---------------------

Thanks to Fair Strides for updating TSL Patcher version of the installer.

Special thanks to Zbyl2, DarthStoney, VarsityPuppet, Hassat Hunter, and everybody else who was involved with TSLCRM during its long years of making, for all that they have given us...

---------------------

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

What's New in Version 1.2.2 (See full changelog)

• Version 1.1 :
  • 1) Updated for 1.8.3 version of TSLRCM files - most important removed the "Nihilus always drains" optional component since the issue is addressed in TSLRCM 1.8.3
  • 2) Compatibility patch for M4-78EP updated to M4-78EP 1.1 version of journal
  • Version 1.2 :
  • Added Component 5 - Kreia - Atris dialog modification
  • Version 1.2.1 :
  • 1)Updated for TSLRCM 1.8.4
  • 2) Compatibility patch for M4-78EP updated to M4-78EP 1.2 version of journal
  • Version 1.2.2:
  • 1) Updated files for 1.8.5 version of TSLRCM
  • 2) New modular TSL Patcher installer made by Fair Strides which provides improved compatibility with number of other mods.

Absolutely amazing (^o^) I happen to agree with everything you have written here. Good for you and thank you for sharing. I wasn't keen on many of the changes the tslrcm took liberty with but I wasn't about to complain when I am of the belief that the tslrcm is perhaps the greatest achievement in video game modification history to date. With that being said KUDOS to you. Although the changes are minor in the overall tslrcm they are significant and lean on the immersion of the entire game. And as we all know, Star Wars Fans are a "SPECIAL" breed XD Congratulations once more for having the guts to do it. I look forward to playing it in the next few weeks when I start my  tslrcm 1.8.2 m4-78ep run through in May.

Thanks for putting this together. I finished my first TSLRCM run last night and spent the last 24 hours trying to figure out how I was going to decide between the vanilla version and the restored version. Now I don't have to.

Well done!

well thought mod,nicely packaged install method too,

Thanks for making it pick-and-choose-style.  I disagree with component #1 but am thankful you included component #2.

Component #1 which removes Kaeve isn't compatible with the TSLCRM compatible Handmaiden 4 Females mod. The bug is that it still triggers for Disciple to join your party on Dantooine which replaces the Handmaiden. For now, reinstalling the Handmaiden mod over again works, but if you want to fix this in the future, it would be appreciated.

What were the exact lines You removed from Kreia-Attris dialogue? The case is - as far as I know from Wookiepedia - they could refer to the fact that Kreia was there not physically, but in ATRIS'es MIND. Just want to be sure before I get to the end.

What were the exact lines You removed from Kreia-Attris dialogue? The case is - as far as I know from Wookiepedia - they could refer to the fact that Kreia was there not physically, but in ATRIS'es MIND. Just want to be sure before I get to the end.

Lines that were removed were  those that imply that she was there and that she ASKED for her(him) to be exiled, which, as we find out from Jedi Masters, doesn't make sense in context of the story.

The idea that Kreia asked for the Exile to be exiled produces a whole load of logical and narrative problems if you think about it.

I'm sure it got cut on purpose, as part of the earlier draft of the story, when Atris was on Malachor, and Kreia and Atris' roles were somewhat reversed. (Interestingly, you can still find audio in the game's files of what is now Kreia's dialogue but recorded by Atris' actress).

The idea that Kreia asked for the Exile to be exiled produces a whole load of logical and narrative problems if you think about it.

I'm sure it got cut on purpose, as part of the earlier draft of the story, when Atris was on Malachor, and Kreia and Atris' roles were somewhat reversed. (Interestingly, you can still find audio in the game's files of what is now Kreia's dialogue but recorded by Atris' actress).

Exactly. :)

Thank you very much for this. As outstanding as TSLRCM is, it is unfortunate when it restores content that was *not* cut due to time or production restraints, but rather cut because they don't fit the latest iteration of the story.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

29 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

4 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), dvmt, Kytronix, Taki17, TheAlmightyHarry