SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Dec 24 2012 08:55 PM
- Last Updated: May 17 2017 06:19 PM
- File Size: 1.4MB
- Views: 13299
- Downloads: 923
- Approved by: Darth_Sapiens
- Approved on: 05 August 2013 - 07:50 PM
- TSLRCM Compatible: Yes
Download Nar Shaddaa Hidden Complex: Improved! 3.12 Votes
Nar Shaddaa Added Content Restored
A remake of FrantFire's Nar Shaddaa Hidden Complex. It's been on KotorFiles a while, but I'm only getting around to uploading it here. ^^;
IMPORTANT: TSLRCM INFO
It SHOULD work with TSLRCM, but I make no promises.
It also will not work with any GenoHaradan mods.
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II THE SITH LORDS
NAR SHADDAA hidden complex mod v3.1
Date released: 18/6/08
Time spent: 36 hours or so, I'm not much a scripter...
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, or
GeorgNihilus at www.lucasforums.com
You can also contact Darth_Tartarus at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Updated to 1.5 by: Darth_Tartarus.
1.5 released: 9/10/2010
Patch 1.5b made by: Darth_Tartatus.
1.5 released: 09/27/2010
Updated to 2.0 by: Darth_Tartarus.
2.0 released: 10/17/2010
Updated to 2.5 by: Darth_Tartarus
2.5 released: 3/3/2012
Updated to 2.6 by: Darth_Tartarus.
Updated to 2.6b by: Darth_Tartatus on 12/15/12.
Update to 3.0 started on 1/27/2013 by: Darth_Tartarus.
Update to 3.1 on 5/17/2017 by Darth_Tartarus (though I normally go by DarthVitrial now)
One day I used Force Sight to the door next to Fassa in Nar Shaddaa docks area and when I opened it I found an interesting
unused complex (I think it was supposed to be used for the GenoHaradan? -Darth_Tartarus), then I decided to use this area, somehow...
This mod does the following:
1) Allows you to open one of two doors near Fassa (the Twi'lek in Nar Shaddaa docks). You will only be able to open one of these two
sealed doors, and also access 2 closed doors at the Refugee landing pad area (I always wondered what was behind those
doors); there you will find some sort of abandoned cantina.
2) It will spawn (add) a Twi'lek female in the Nar Shaddaa docks flophouse area, up to you find where, as well as some pretty
nasty thugs somewhere.
3) It will make the alien Gran thug guarding Vogga's enclave entry door hostile, but only if you decide to kill the Bith guard near him.
(I did this to give more realism to this easy fight, no sense having the Bith fighting you and the Gran thug by him just
standing there). The Bith will be a little more challenging, too. So you will have a realistic fight with Vogga's guards now.
This has nothing to do with the Complex mod itself but I included it anyway in this pack. (Only if you install the full version of this mod, not the Lite version)
4) (Optional): Improved and modified Vogga.dlg (he will realize you have killled his enclave door guards), plus reduced many long texts
for short streamvoices, same problem fixed in Vogga's Bith dialog. (again, not with the Lite version.)
5) Two journal entries have been added for this mod.
3. How to play
You will need a saved game before arriving at Nar Shaddaa for the first time, if you do not have one and you have a saved
game at the Refugee Landing Pad or the Promenade -and you have not entered the Docks area before- you can still open the
doors near Vossk (the Trandoshan) at the landing pad by other means (you cheater), by using something along the lines of the WhereamI
Armband. This way you can still initiate the mod.
ONLY READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW exactly what to do, I personally suggest playing to figure out what to do. If you want
to know how to open the docks doors you will need a special key, available in a lost pad inside the abandoned cantina in the Nar Shaddaa
Refugee Landing Pad (this cantina was also unavailable in original game, by the way) and it is placed just behind Vossk. There may be some errors
with TSLRCM because of the addition of the cantina.
Without the key, the doors next to Fassa in the docking area will remain closed -showing as "Sealed door" in case you want to know- or
if you do not find the key. Once opened the door, just enter and see...
There is also a hard-to-open footlocker in the cantina.
A Twi'lek woman has also been spawned in one of the flophouse's rooms, hiding for some reason. She will be behind a separating
panel in the room next to Lasavvou (the Ithorian). Talk to her to find out why she's hiding, and to get a quest.
Finally, to reach the Bith's dialog option to kill him, while talking to him about Vogga's fuel contracts take the branch "It's not safe to
compete with me". Vogga won't be happy about you killing them, though...
To install: Simply run the TSLPatcher and choose an option. Those of you with TSLRCM should choose the no-Vogga version, for compatibility reasons.
To uninstall; delete the following files from your Override folder (it's not necessary to delete the .lip files, they can be used later):
n_compleadr.utc (the merc leader .utc)
c_pcfemundie.ncs (checks if a female PC is in her undies... hmm...)
and so on ...
ev_crys_04.uti (don't delete if you have Envida's Khoonda Lost Loom mod or my updated version of the Lost Room mod)
iw_sbrcrstl_203.tga (don't delete if you have Envida's Khoonda Lost Loom mod or my updated version of the Lost Room mod)
quello.dlg (in this file only added a script that spawns items in the line "What's with you, letting that piece...", named k_enter_301ff.ncs)
Recommended level to access the docks door/s, 14, with 3 party members, nevertheless you can survive with
upgraded gear, equipments, grenades or mines in your inventory, or simply running away from these mercenaries just
in case you get there before those levels...
Many people certainly download overpowered mods, I have seen a lot of them, armors and lightsabers specially. If you have
installed this sort of mods you will have good chances of killing the mercenaries before level 14, as you can see I like to edit
.uti's to reduce slightly weapons-armors stats for challenging fights.
6. New items or equipment
Two lightsaber crystals only, actually not new items, just slightly reduced by me, powerful enough but only for 100% darkside
or 100% lightside aligned Jedi, and you will be able to collect a few pre-existing game items from the corpses, if you succeed.
Very special thanks to:
Stoffe - for an On Notice script I used in the Complex area, being a guide many times at the Holowan labs.
Darth Xander - for allowing me (all of us) to see this lost cantina -or whatever it is- through his original Nar Shaddaa lost cantina mod.
Envida - for allowing me use and modify some files from Envida Khoonda Lost Room mod 1.3.
And anyone else at the Holowan Laboratories - For all the great resources!
And all the tool makers of course, those genius people
Thanks from Darth_Tartarus: FrantFire-For letting me update this mod.
Since this uses TSLPatcher, it should work with most everything.
As of 3.0 beta, it SHOULD work with TLSRCM. No promises though. And it does NOT work with any GenoHaradan mods.
9. Experience won
If you are not a fan of gathering too many experience points (XP) through all the mods you install, then you might like to know that you
will only gain 1500 XP points or so with this mod after dealing with the mercenaries, if you kill all of them, plus Vogga's Gran thug.
(1250+250 the Gran thug). You can subtract some XP through KSE (KotOR/KotOR2 Savegame Editor) if you want.
Using something like the WhereamI Armband to enter the Complex through both doors triggers the Complex Leader attack twice.
Beating him twice also allows you to claim the prize from the Twi'lek twice. So, kinda a useful bug!
You can use freely this mod files, just give me the correspondent credits in case you use or modify some of these files.
This Mod is not supported by LucasArts, Bioware or Obsidian. Please do not contact them for support of this mod.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, characters, items, etc. are trademarks
and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, characters, items, etc. are
trademarks and copyrights owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.
Bioware and the Odyssey Engine are trademarks of Bioware Corp.
Obsidian is a trademark of Obsidian Entertainment.
All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their
respective trademark and copyright holders.
What's New in Version 3.1 (See full changelog)
- 1.0: initial release.
- 1.5: Fixed Key Spawning Issue, added TSLPatcher.
- 1.5b: Fixed some grammar issues.
- 2.0: Removed Orphaned dialogue entries, fixed some grammar issues,
- Repaired an error in Vogga's dialogue that prevented you from completing Fuel For Telos (not fixed by the 1.0b patch),
- High-Tech Locker no longer needs a key.
- (This is because the neither the key nor the script for it were not included in the files, so the locker could not be opened)
- 2.5: Added the option to install the Hidden Complex without the Vogga tweaks.This version is more compatible with other mods.
- 2.6: Minor updates to the descriptons for some items.
- Improved installation.
- Multiple grammar/syntax fixes to Vogga.dlg.
- Minor fixes to Vossk's dlg file.
- Minor compatibility tweaks.
- Rewrote the readme.
- The installer will no longer replace (or even install) 303han.dlg. This is to ensure compatibility with other mods, but if it causes
- any errors (it shouldn't), please contact me.
- Fixed minor typos and grammer issues in some other dlg files.
- Fixed some more errors in twicommon.dlg. Typos, tons of grammer fixes, and one instance where she called a female player "handsome".
- Renamed Complex Leader to GenoHaradan Mercenary, a reference to the fact that the complex was originally supposed to be used for the GenoHaradan.
- 2.6b [SemiFinal]:
- The lite version now installs less files - before, it was still installing some files related to Vogga and his thugs. Minor typo corrections.
- 3.0 [Beta]:
- Should work with TSLRCM 1.8.2 now!
- Should work with TSLRCM 1.8.5 now, just be sure to use the lite version. In the event that this version broke something, version 3.0 is also included as an option. Also no longer installs attontwi.dlg or quello.dlg, because I don't think those did anything in this mod. As far as I could tell they were identical to the ones included in TSLRCM anyway, so no need to overwrite them.