JC's Darksaber for K1 1.4

(7 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

Summary

This mod adds the Darksaber, a unique lightsaber seen in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows, to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

The Darksaber comes with a custom hilt and blade effect.

The Darksaber's stats are better than the standard lightsaber's (+2 Charisma and +1d8 Universal damage) but the item cannot be upgraded.

I have integrated the item into the game, but I'll keep the how a surprise. One hint: You will have to complete a side quest that involves Mandalorians.

If you want to get it through playing the game, you'll have to start a new game. Otherwise, you can cheat it in. The item is "jc_darksaber".

Installation

1. Extract files from the downloaded archive.
  2. Run Darksaber_K1.exe.
  3. Click "Install Mod" and select your game directory (default name SWKOTOR).

Uninstallation

1. Remove the installed files or replace from backups if necessary.

Compatibility

Compatibility with other lightsaber mods not guaranteed.

This mod uses lightsaber model variation 255.

This mod patches the module kas_m25aa in order to place the Darksaber into the game. If you have any compatibility issues with other mods that edit this area, you can cheat the item into the game instead. The Darksaber item is "jc_darksaber".

Credits

KOTOR Tool – Fred Tetra
TSL Patcher – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
DeNCS – JdNoa & Dashus
ERFEdit – stoffe, with updates by Fair Strides
NWMax – Joco
KOTORMax & MDLEdit – bead-v
NWNSSCOMP – Torlack, stoffe, & tk102
Saber – Andrew Kramer & VideoCopilot.net
tga2tpc – ndix UR

Permissions

I hereby grant nobody except myself permission to upload some or all of this mod anywhere for any reason. For any reason.

If you would like to include any part of this mod in anything, then please contact me for permission.

Disclaimers

WARNING: THERMODYNAMIC LAW VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE SUMMONING OF MAXWELL'S DEMON. TO BANISH IT, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEFEAT THE ORIGINAL CASTER AND DISMANTLE THE SUMMONING CIRCLE, HIDDEN IN THE DUNGEONS OF LUCASFILM. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Donations

If you enjoy my mods and would like to show your support in a monetary manner, you may do so via PayPal with this donation link.

For various legal and ethical reasons, this is entirely optional and is not a requirement to downloading or using any of my mods. I also do not create specific mods for hire.

I make mods as a hobby and will most likely do so regardless of any donations or lack thereof, but modding does take up a lot of my time and every bit helps.

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• Fixed an issue with the Darksaber being equipped by the NPC meant to drop it, but not dropped. Thanks to @Rathic for pointing out this oversight.
  • Adjusted installer to patch .mod file instead of installing to Override where applicable.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

JustABitAgroed

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Everything about this mod is perfect. The look, the balance, the placement of the spawn. Awesome. Except for one thing: you hold it sideways. Is there any way you can fix that?

Update: Fixed. Thanks JCarter!

• Light Side Points 1

Share this review

Link to review
Doctor Evil

Share this review

Link to review
jc2

Share this review

Link to review
LDR

Share this review