NPC Portraits for TSL 1.4

(9 reviews)

22 Screenshots

About This File

Here's a mod that sprung from other people's hard work!

NPC PORTRAITS FOR TSL
======================

MOD AUTHOR: Sith Holocron
ORIGINAL RELEASE: 13 MAY 2017
UPDATED RELEASE: 20 MAY 2017
UPDATED RELEASE 2: 06 JUN 2017
UPDATED RELEASE 3: 10 JUN 2017

GAMES: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Notes:
--------
This mod is not recommended for Knights of the Old Republic 1 for what should be obvious reasons.
This mod is not recommended for first time players of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords - spoilers!
This is mod will overwrite portraits of the NPC characters that may be provided by other mods. Keep this in mind when installing this mod.

Background:
------------------
I had this idea of asking folks to get high quality captures of the NPCs in 3DS MAX using poses similar to the ones in the traditional NPC portraits. I would then put a detailed background that indicated where we first met those characters. The ones I originally were thinking of doing were our standard folks: Atton, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Mira, Canderous, Visas, Handmaiden, Disicple, T3-M4, HK-47, and G0-T0. (You may notice some missing ones - more on that later.)

I then proceeded to ask around for folks willing to grab some of these for me. The first willing helper was HairlessWookiee (on Reddit) and he helped out with the first batch of characters you've seen on my blog. However, I hesitated on asking HairlessWookiee for the rest as I didn't want to be more of a pain in the ass than I already was. (I excel at that, I've heard around here.) I eventually asked Quanon and he's helped me out getting the remaining characters I needed.

So who was I missing from that list above?

Namely: Remote (who gets used during the Malachor V end game), 3C-FD (from the Prologue), and B-4D4 (from the Czerka infiltration mission on Citadel Station.) I managed to get all of these too, again thanks to Quanon!

Description:
-----------------

Here is my explanation of why I chose these backgrounds. You can skip this part of the read-me if you like but I'm putting this in here so I don't have to have lengthy, boring discussions of why I placed who in front of where. If I completely ignore you if you bring this up in the review thread, now you know why.

Atton - Atton's background is in the cockpit of the Ebon Hawk. You haven't met him here but he spends most of his time in there so it made sense. Plus I have animations I could exploit in there.

Kreia - Yes, the Exile does meet her on Peragus but she doesn't reveal her true nature to you until Malachor V so that's why she's placed with the Trayus Core as the background.

Bao-Dur - You meet him on the surface of Telos so that's his background.

Mandalore - You meet him on Dxun so that's his background.

Disciple - You meet him in the Ruined Enclave on Dantooine so that's his background.

Handmaiden - You meet her at the Polar Plateau on Telos so the topside of that plateau is her background.

Visas - You first see her on the Ravager. As that's her centering space, she gets that as a background.

T3-M4 - The Exile meets "him" at Peragus so that's his background. Yes, "he's" met the Exile on the Ebon Hawk but the Exile was unconscious then so I'm not counting that.

Hanharr/Mira - You meet them on Nar Shaddaa so that's their background.

HK-47 - I wanted something vibrant for "his" background to suit his volatile nature and it was suggested to use the room that the Mandalorians first burst into on the Ravager. (The flames work well with "him", I think)

Remote - You only use "him" on Malachor V so that's why "he" uses that planet as "his" background.

Animations for Portraits?
----------------------------------

The droids, Hanharr, and Mandalore have animated backgrounds for their portraits - as their portraits do not change with LS and DS alterations throughout the game.

The Kreia portrait does not animate. She's an unreliable narrator and so is her portrait. That . . . and I got lazy near the end. Sue me. (On second thought, don't sue me.)

As an aside, are you curious about Atris' portrait? You'll have to wait for Reztea's Recruit Atris mod to be released as I've given it to him.

Installation:
----------------
With the exception of the Atton, Bao-Dur, Disciple, Mandalore, T3-M4, and HK-47 folders, just grab all of of the TGA and TXI files, and then drop them into your Override folder.

The HK-47 folders have three different versions of HK-47's portraits - the standard model with vanilla skin, the standard model with Quanon's skin, and the SWTOR model created by DarthParametric using Kainzorus Prime's skin.

The T3-M4 folders have two different versions of HK-47's portraits - one portrait utilizing Dath_Sapien's skin, the other portrait using Quanon's skin.

The Mandalore folders have two different versions of Mandalore's portraits - the model utilizing Darth_Sapiens' texture and a version of Mandalore without his helmet.

The Atton folders contain three different versions of his portraits - the original version included in this mod, a vanilla version where Atton turns his head towards the player as he becomes more dark sided, the model utilizing felixfelicitas' "Atton with Scruff" texture.

The Bao-Dur folders contain three different versions of Mandalore's portraits - the original version included in this mod, a vanilla version where Atton turns his head towards the player as he becomes more dark sided, the model utilizing Nimduril's "Bao-Dur/Darth Maul" texture where Atton turns his head towards the player as he becomes more dark sided.

Look at the pictures below to see which portrait type you wish to use. Copy the contents of that folder to your Override folder.

Update as of 14 JUN 2020: There's a new version of the Disciple portrait available.  Instead of de-saturating the Jedi Library behind him, I've turned the colors of the Jedi Library to different colors: purple for mid Dark Side, and Red for fully dark side.

YZSwSUF.png

sZ5iN08.png

If you prefer the original versions, I've kept those as a part of the package as well.  See the What's New section for more information.

Note the files that you put into your Override folder.

Uninstall:
--------------
Remove the files that you copied (and noted) from the Override folder.

Very Special Thanks:
-----------------------------

HairlessWookiee - For several of the model pictures.
Quanon - For several of the model pictures, his Malachor V texture mod used for Remote's background, and his skins for T3-M4 and HK-47.
DarthParametric - For his SWTOR HK model and for the new screen grab for the helmetless Mandalore.
Kainzorus Prime - For the skin for DP's model.
felixfelicitas - For his "Atton with Scruff" mod.
Nimduril - For the use of his "Bao-Dur/Darth Maul" skin.
Kexikus - For the high quality background used for G0-T0's background.
Darth_Sapiens - For his HD T3-M4 skin.
Sharen Thrawn - For the Nar Shaddaa background used for the Hanharr and Mira backgrounds. [Please note that the background from Sharen Thrawn's mod doesn't have the animated lights seen on Hanharr's background.]
djh269 - For listening to my blathering via PMs on this very subject (and for beta-testing.)
bead-V - Additional beta-testing / Input
superSzym - Additional beta-testing / Input
gerblul - Made me work! (If not for him, I'd have missed the problem with Remote's TXI)

Enjoy!

Legal Disclaimer:
------------------------

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc. I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed
as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either.

I hereby state that I specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to Steam Workshop. I may decide to upload the mod to NexusMods at a later date but that will be my decision and mine alone. So there.

Post-Script:
----------------

If you thought this read-me was long and annoying, please do check out the

I write and narrate on Xuul's YouTube channel. It's even more cringe inducing. See you there!

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• UPDATED RELEASE: 20 MAY 2017 - Redid the background of Mandalore. The dueling Mandalorians are more easily seen, there isn't a distracting camera move during two of the frames, and it is now 9 frames long. Added a Helmet-less version of Mandalore. Added two new skins from Quanon for T3-M4 and HK-47.
  • UPDATED RELEASE 1.2: 06 JUN 2017 - Corrected issue with Remote's TXI file. Added credit in the read-me for gerlul as he alerted me to the issue.
  • UPDATED RELEASE 1.3: 10 JUN 2017 - New skins added. See read-me for details.
  • UPDATED RELEASE 1.4: 13 JUN 2020 - New skins for Disciple have been added in separate folder. If you wish to use these (as seen in the read-me), use only the following files from the "Disciple - Not Saturated, Three Colors of Jedi Library": PO_PDisciple.tga, PO_PDisciple.txi, po_pDiscipled1.tga, po_pDiscipled1.txi, po_pDiscipled2.tga, and po_pDiscipled2.tga.  If you want the original versions, grab the identically named files from the "Disciple - Original Versions" folder.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

djh269

Share this review

Link to review
Durin's Bane

Share this review

Link to review
DarthSolous

Share this review

Link to review
N-DReW25

Share this review

Link to review