bastila shan carth onasi romance

Screenshots

=Alternate Revan Romances (UPDATED)=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION

ORIGINAL MOD AUTHOR: felixfelicitas
UPDATED BY: Leilukin
FILE NAME: Altrevrom_updated.zip
LATEST VERSION: 3.0a
CONTACT: E-mail to leilukin[at]gmail[dot]com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1) DESCRIPTION:
In KotOR II: TSL, players are given options to set Revan's gender and alignment during the first conversation with Atton on Peragus. However, the game always assumes a male Revan is romantically involved with Bastila, while female Revan is romantically involved with Carth.

In March 2015, felixfelicitas released his Alternate Revan Romances mod (http://www.nexusmods.../kotor2/mods/43) to remedy that problem. His mod allowed players to set Revan's love ineterest(s), or lack thereof, and the rest of the game will have different variations of dialogue to reflect that change. Most notably, Bastila can be chosen as female Revan's love interest, and Carth can be chosen as male Revan's love interest.

Unfortunately, the original mod also had various bugs, including game-breaking ones. After becoming a modder myself, I had been trying to figure out how to fix the bugs with felixfelicitas' mod, and I was eventually successful. With felixfelicitas' permission, now I release my updated version of the Alternate Revan Romances mod.

Changes since the 2.0 version of felixfelicitas' original mod:

• Many bug fixes, including fixing the game-breaking issue with the 904kreia.dlg file from the original mod
  • The WAV files of the custom VOs have been converted to MP3 format to make this mod compatible with the Steam version of TSL
  • Tweaked the dialogue options to choose Revan's love interest(s)
  • Added an option to refer both Bastila and Juhani as Light Side Female Revan's love interests
  • Increased compatibility with the latest version of The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM)
  • There are two different versions of the modified T3-M4's main dialogue file (t3m4.dlg): one for players who do not have M4-78 Enhancement Project installed, another for players who have installed M4-78EP

2) INSTALLATION:
First and foremost, make sure you have The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) installed since TSLRCM is REQUIRED for this mod to work.

Extract the Altrevrom_updated.zip you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KoOR 2 directory.

Run altrevrominstall.exe, point the installer to your KotOR 2 directory and let the installer do its magic.

If you also have installed M4-78 Enhancement Project, go to the "M4-78 Enhancement Project Compatible" folder, and follow the instructions written on the ReadMe file within the folder.

NOTE: During installation, a new folder named "backup" will be created by TSLPatcher in the same folder as the TSLPatcher. Do not delete the folder or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

3) UNINSTALLATION:
STEP 1: Go to the "backup" folder created by the TSLPatcher from this mod, cut and paste globalcat.2da, hk47.dlg and t3m4.dlg into your Override folder.

STEP 2: Go to your Override folder, delete a_createk1cnpcs.ncs, 101atton.dlg, 904kreia.dlg, carthend.dlg, 101101atton116 as well as .lip files starting from 221carthend111.lip to 221carthend152.lip, from 904904kreia300.lip to 904904kreia303.lip, and from gblt3m4501.lip to gblt3m4518.lip.

STEP 3: Go to your game's StreamVoice\101\101atton directory, and delete 101101ATTON116.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\221\carthend directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from 221carthend111.mp3 to 221carthend152.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\904\904KREIA directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from 904904KREIA300.mp3 to 904904KREIA303.mp3. Go to your game's StreamVoice\GBL\T3M4 directory, and delete .mp3 files starting from gblt3m4501.mp3 to gblt3m4518.mp3.

4) PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS:
For the best experience with this mod, it's recommended to have a completely new TSL playthrough.

During your first conversation with Atton on Peragus, after setting Revan's alignment and gender, you'll be given dialogue options to set Revan's love interest(s). Regardless of Revan's gender and alignment, you can choose Bastila, Carth, or both as Revan's love interest(s). If you set Revan as Light Side Female, you will also get the option to choose Juhani, or both Juhani and Bastila as Revan's love interest(s).

Alternately, you can even choose to make Revan not having any love interest.

NOTE: Even though this mod provides dialogue options to refer Juhani as a potential love ineterest for a Light Side Female Revan, there will not be any extra content for Juhani for the rest of the game.

If you install this mod after playing past the initial conversation with Atton, and still want to customize Revan's romance, you can change it by using the KotOR Savegame Editor (KSE). Create a new save after installing this mod. Open KSE, expand a save file, and look for Globals > Booleans. At the bottom of the list of global booleans, there should be two new options, fc_revrom_bast and fc_revrom_carth. fc_revrom_bast checks if Bastila is chosen to be Revan's love interest, while fc_revrom_carth checks if Carth is chosen to be Revan's love interest. Switch whichever romance(s) you want to be active to on, and confirm changes.

5) KNOWN ISSUES:
None currently known. If you find any bugs or problems, please let me know.

6) MOD COMPATIBILITY:
Apart from TSLRCM, which is required for this mod to work, any other mods that modify HK-47'a main dialogue file (hk47.dlg), T3-M4's main dialogue file (t3m4.dlg), Atton's initial conversation on Peragus (101atton.dlg), dialogue of Carth's meeting after the Ravager (carthend.dlg) or Kreia's endgame dialogue (904kreia.dlg) are not compatible with this mod.

If you want to use M4-78 Enhancement Project, I have provide a compatibility patch as noted in the "INSTALLATION" section above.

If you want to use my my Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mod as well, you need to follow the installation instructions from the mod to make it compatible with this mod.

Among the popular TSL mods, Extended Enclave and PartySwap have also modifed the 904kreia.dlg file. Installing this mod will overwrite the changes made by either mod. However, there should be no game breaking issues if either mod is used alongside this mod.

7) PERMISSION:
You may modify this mod for your personal use. However, if you want to use any files from this mod for your own mod, please ask for my permission before releasing your mod. If I give you permission for it, I request that you credit me and the orginal author felixfelicitas when you release your mod.

I do not use nor support Steam Workshop, so I do not wish any of my mods to be uploaded to Steam Workshop.

8) CREDITS:
felixfelicitas for making the original Alternate Revan Romances mod as well as giving me permission to use, update and reupload his mod
The entire TSLRCM team for developing TSLRCM
Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool
tk102 for DLG Editor
Stoffe for TSLPatcher

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

What's New in Version 3.0a (See full changelog)

• Removed compatibility patch for Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mod due to the changes made by version 1.2 of the mod

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

This mod works well; I encountered no bugs during my playthrough. The spliced dialogs are highly believable in-game.

More importantly, and what I appreciate most about it, is that providing Revan with a more complete set of relationship possibilities makes the character more nuanced, believable, and customized, deepening the role-playing aspect (by putting more choice in the player's hands) and helping to tie the two games together (in the presence of K1 alternate romance mods that have existed for quite some time). Even though the romantic elements of TSL are pared down, it is great not to have romantic backstory imposed on you when your choices in the first game differed substantially. In extreme cases, the player might not even pick up on a Carth/female Revan romance angle in TSL, because they've always played female Revan w/ Bastila romance mod in K1.

I also appreciate the work the author has gone through to package this up nicely, iron out the bugs, flesh out compatibility info, and provide all the steps needed to make the mod work from existing saves. It is really nice to have these alt-romance mods in bug-reduced forms.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

• 1,005 Total Files
  • 19 Total Categories
  • 193 Total Authors
  • 1,791,037 Total Downloads
  • Train The Handmaiden BETA Latest File
  • jc2 Latest Submitter

52 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

12 members, 39 guests, 1 anonymous users

SnowGirls, MisterC_28, 90SK, bombasticmori, Ronin86, Trickishship, Whitewolf, mikedrazich, ERN, Yasko, pax, Domino5555